Transfer Rumour Maximillian James Aarons

Status
Not open for further replies.
All this talk of big fees surely discounts the fact that because of Covid clubs generally don't have a pot to pee in? The January window saw very little activity, and I can't see huge fees being thrown about in the summer, especially for relatively unproven youngsters.

All this talk of big fees surely discounts the fact that because of Covid clubs generally don't have a pot to pee in? The January window saw very little activity, and I can't see huge fees being thrown about in the summer, especially for relatively unproven youngsters.
I take your point about fees, but he’s not unproven though.

He is going to be a top top talent who already has a full season of PL games under his belt and two? Full seasons in the Championship.

He is really talented and headed for the top. He will be worth th3 fee.

He is going to be a top top talent who already has a full season of PL games under his belt and two? Full seasons in the Championship.

He's unproven in the sense that spending 10% or more of our turnover on a young right back would be something of a gamble.

Based on?

Playing poorly in the PL does not prove that he will be good in the PL

He looks a prospect but at the cost of 10% of the club’s turnover... I don’t think the club will be looking to spend that amount on one player.

Any players you'd prefer?

To be honest I'm not sure. There's a lad at Napoli (Husaj) who's contract is running down, who would probably be available for a lot less than 35m and is probably a more advanced all round right back.

I do think prices will drop this summer, but you will need to isolate the right sectors. Players of the right age, cliubs under financial pressure, players with ideally 12- if not 24 months on a contract. I think there will still be some bargains to be had.

I think we can make 60m stretch, but tying 30 up in Aarons I'm not sure about. I'm also not convicned Norwich will have much reason to reduce the fee.

Like take Sarr for example, if Watford don't come up, he will be going. You may be able to pick him up for 15-20m which would seem a great price to me (appreciate he's not a right back, but the point stands).

Status
Not open for further replies.