2017/18 Mason Holgate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hopefully not in a negative way Dave, hopefully it will have made him stronger - mentally and physically.
I dont think the club/manager helped. I stand to be corrected, but I cant remember him being that badly injured during the FA inquiry or after it concluded that would have kept him out of the first team set up.

I dont think the club/manager helped. I stand to be corrected, but I cant remember him being that badly injured during the FA inquiry or after it concluded that would have kept him out of the first team set up.
Tend to agree that the club/manager should have been right by his side throughout, strength in unity etc... Solidarity, especially with a younger player.

I cant fathom posters including Keane in a first choice defence when omitting Holgate.

Keane can be 3rd choice unless he rapidly improves + we need a star player next to Holgate.

I think if Holgate gets regular starts next season he'll make the England squads.

I cant fathom posters including Keane in a first choice defence when omitting Holgate.

Keane can be 3rd choice unless he rapidly improves + we need a star player next to Holgate.

I think if Holgate gets regular starts next season he'll make the England squads.
Agreed, Keane isn’t good enough to even be 3rd choice. I’d show some faith to a player who has improved dramatically and start Holgate.

Hopefully our new manager will get right behind him & his confidence will return...

Holgate was coming on well last season until the spat with Firmino....

I think players like Holgate are why this team isnt in as dire need for new players as some people make out. Instead of needing 6-7, I think we really only need about 3, because if you bring in a top LB, and a top CB to pair with him, Holgate will look that much better all of the sudden giving you a very solid back 4. Likewise, with Lookman, and the fact we brought in Tosun and Walcott in the winter, that really just leaves a CM spot as a big weakness.

Sure depth might be an issue, but Ill take that over the starters being terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.