2020/21 Mason Holgate

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Holgate was left isolated without support last Saturday and have a good deal of sympathy for him.
I would have preferred to see Seamus start ahead of Holgate as he did in the Derby.
It would have given Holgate some cover and just maybe we might have had more of an attacking threat because when Iwobi was central and out wide he didn't provide anything.

Look, its not directed at every fan, thats a given, surely.

Im finding myself removing dozens of fans from my feed every single game week, for thsese extreme statements....its like a competition of who can be the most extreme the fastest...the second a players does something bad.

I think with none of us at the game, its pushing people top vent much more on social media.

Its draining to read. I'mfinding myself more angry reading twitter and many posts on here, than I am watching the actual matches.

Allan is now getting the same type of treatment.

Saying a player is not playing well in a game is fine, but they are not saying that...we get....."he needs sending to the Championship" "Am I the ony one who thinks he is a terrible player" "Not good enough for us". They do it with all the players...dont they ever learn.....they love DCL now....they loved Davies, then hated him, then loved him again, and now not sure.....
Not aimed at you specifically, but if people are watching the game, why are they on social media posting about the game too?
I enjoy reading about games afterwards, but would never think of picking up my phone or tablet during a game to post about it

Not aimed at you specifically, but if people are watching the game, why are they on social media posting about the game too?
I enjoy reading about games afterwards, but would never think of picking up my phone or tablet during a game to post about it
Does half time count?!!

I find myself doing it all the time these days.

He’s an out of form CB playing RB. Take him out of the firing line a bit to recharge and then play him in his correct position. If he’s still playing RB next season then quite frankly our recruitment team need to be fired into the sun

The Godfrey/Holgate situation reminds me more and more of the Jones/Smalling situation at United. 2 young centre backs who get swapped between preferred position CB and playing out of position at RB. Looks like so far Godfrey has adapted better but I wonder what will happen to him if he starts getting swapped between the 2. So far he's had a run of consecutive games at LB then a run at CB whereas Holgate as been used in one the other then back again. His time will come again but he may have to wait.

The Godfrey/Holgate situation reminds me more and more of the Jones/Smalling situation at United. 2 young centre backs who get swapped between preferred position CB and playing out of position at RB. Looks like so far Godfrey has adapted better but I wonder what will happen to him if he starts getting swapped between the 2. So far he's had a run of consecutive games at LB then a run at CB whereas Holgate as been used in one the other then back again. His time will come again but he may have to wait.

Last year in CB for a few games he hit form
This year too...he's one of those who needs a run and confidence and he'll do muhch better

I'm not his biggest fan but I think the lad is being hung out to dry by the fact we don't have anyone competent at RW. He's a good defensive fb and has his uses, squad player who can play a few positions. His lack of attacking intent is thoroughly magnified with no support in front of him though, I will cut him some slack even if I am not his biggest fan.

There's a pretty strange pre match tunnel 'sniff' video from the Burnley game going viral off instagram this morning and assuming it has emanated from our RS friends. On the surface it doesn't look the wisest thing for him to have done but context is everything. One assumes he was taking the pi$$ but even so, pretty stupid behaviour.

Status
Not open for further replies.