2020/21 Mason Holgate

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we play a back 3 him and Godfrey have to play and it's a straight choice for the middle between Keane and Mina. If its a 4 at the back he is currently equal with Coleman for RB neither is quite good enough or 4th choice CB. I like him but I don't think him and Godfrey can play together as a 2 and Godfrey is my first choice. If we lose any more midfielders one of the 2 might be worth considering DM but it would only be a temporary fix.

....looked like Beckenbauer with a few of those passes against Palace, very unusual.

Hes a good player eggs. He'll probably be shifted out to the right against Brighton and not get the chance to cement his place in the centre.

Hes a good player eggs. He'll probably be shifted out to the right against Brighton and not get the chance to cement his place in the centre.

....I don’t doubt he’s a good player, but he wouldn’t be in my starting X1 unless we have injuries.

My benchmark is who would I least like to play against & Godfrey would certainly top that list. I imagine a PL striker wouldn’t lose much sleep over Mina, Keane or Holgate so then it’s about the best blend.

Godfrey isn’t the best aerially, so I would have Mina & Keane ahead of Holgate. Keane is the best aerial defender we have but he has to be protected & I think he’s mentally weak so my own preference is Mina.

i can’t have Holgate starting at RB if Coleman is fit but he’s a capable back-up.

....I don’t doubt he’s a good player, but he wouldn’t be in my starting X1 unless we have injuries.

My benchmark is who would I least like to play against & Godfrey would certainly top that list. I imagine a PL striker wouldn’t lose much sleep over Mina, Keane or Holgate so then it’s about the best blend.

Godfrey isn’t the best aerially, so I would have Mina & Keane ahead of Holgate. Keane is the best aerial defender we have but he has to be protected & I think he’s mentally weak so my own preference is Mina.

i can’t have Holgate starting at RB if Coleman is fit but he’s a capable back-up.

Id go 3 at the back to get him and Godfrey in the centre each match

Holgate should certainly start if we play 3 at the back. For me he is in direct competition with Godfrey if its a 4 and I think Godfrey just edges it as he's stronger and quicker. I would ideally prefer a left footer in the style of Keane/Mina as the other first choice. If we play 4 at the back I think its a close call between Coleman and Holgate who is the best RB but would probably pick Holgate as he's the better defender. Given our choices at the moment I would go 3 at the back with Holgate RCB Coleman RWB Godfrey LCB and Keane/Mina as the middle CB.

Status
Not open for further replies.