Marks out of 10 for Sam Allardyce

Rating for Pork Chop (out of 10 plz thx)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd expect any semi competent manager with experience in the premierleague to achieve what Allardyce has achieved with this squad and that includes the likes of Pardew, Hughes, Pulis and anyone else you want to chuck into the mix. That's not because i think they are all better than Sam (i wouldn't want any of them at this club) but that's how poorly i rate the job the he has done that i think any of those other terrible managers would achieved the same.
But would you have taken the risk? Hate him as much as people do,he has a record of doing the job that was needed,and as much as people seem to want to stay in a state of denial.There were no other takers at the time.

the job he's done which he himself calls a success would have been matched (or possibly bettered) by a Mark Hughes or an Alan Pardew. He has achieved the absolute minimum that is expected of any premierleague manager - survival, and nothing more.

The three clubs that look likely to go down two were/are managed by Mark Hughes and Pardew managed 1 win in 14 with WBA.

I am no fan of Sam but the other two would have probably relegated us

I gave him a 10.
Anyone who is abysmal at their respective careers and can earn over 6 million a year is a genius

The fans that travelled to Swansea that made it known with their voices, should be enough to complete the survey. As for Alan Stubbs saying that it shouldn't be down to fans to participate in a survey, they're the ones who have been subjected to watching that dross since fat Sam arrived.

*Since the first game of the season against Ruzomberok.

I really think this would have been matched by Unsy as well. I'm not just basing it on the last win when Allardyce was in the stands, I think Unsy talked a lot of sense and seemed to have instilled some confidence and positive energy, as well as sensible balanced selections. I'm sure it was a matter of time that he was just trying to turn around a seriously negative squad. I think Rooney would have been rejuvenated , it's no surprise and very telling that Mirallas and Schneiderlin had some issues, and also he knows all of the players' histories as well. Shame!

Did you miss the period Unsworth was in charge?

Lost 5 in 8, the performances were as bad as ever and one solution he came up with at Lyon was to lump balls up to Gylfi Sigurdsson up front.

I was shopping in the supermarket a few days ago wearing my Everton jacket - first cold day of Autumn in Melbourne - and a complete
stranger coming the other way said 'Sam's gotta go' as he walked past.

Did you miss the period Unsworth was in charge?

Lost 5 in 8, the performances were as bad as ever and one solution he came up with at Lyon was to lump balls up to Gylfi Sigurdsson up front.
I know it was rubbish, i'm just saying that it was just the after effect of the sort of shell shocked crap squad who were walking around the pitch. i'm trying to argue that Niasse, Walcott, Coleman, Tosun could have / would have happened with Unsworth as well

I think asking the fans to rate the manager is a trend that will catch on. It will not in any way make us look
like a laughing stock, amatuer run club.
All the bigs club will follow our example and do the same .... wait and see

Status
Not open for further replies.