Marks out of 10 for Sam Allardyce

Rating for Pork Chop (out of 10 plz thx)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
8 for this season. But keep him on, no way.

The 8 is a reflection of how bad we are (players and lack of balance in the squad), where we were when he took over and the fact that we're safe with 5 games to go. It may have been awful to watch, but I had us going down for a long time this season.

Considering the managers available after Koeman went, I'm not sure others would have kept us up.

The fans that travelled to Swansea that made it known with their voices, should be enough to complete the survey. As for Alan Stubbs saying that it shouldn't be down to fans to participate in a survey, they're the ones who have been subjected to watching that dross since fat Sam arrived.

the job he's done which he himself calls a success would have been matched (or possibly bettered) by a Mark Hughes or an Alan Pardew. He has achieved the absolute minimum that is expected of any premierleague manager - survival, and nothing more.

I thought of giving him 7 for doing the job he was tasked with, but then I thought do I really want him here next season? So I gave him a 5 and would wish him good health in his return to retirement.

It's alright, Tony, we think it's stupid as well.

What, do signings not count towards a managerial rating? OK, if we're not allowed to include signings, he gets a 4. Mainly for annoying Klopp, not being Koeman, and doing Alder Hey, which Moon Head didn't do.

Fine, there is freedom of speech but form me even with the new signings that have been available look at the performances which have been none too clever.

The fans that travelled to Swansea that made it known with their voices, should be enough to complete the survey. As for Alan Stubbs saying that it shouldn't be down to fans to participate in a survey, they're the ones who have been subjected to watching that dross since fat Sam arrived.

The fans are the ones who dish out a chunk of money to watch the team, so why should they not be able to make their feelings known. If he is here next season then to continue watching this dross there should be no charge.

Should be for the chairman and board to decide,I was in a bar watching Valencia lose last night.When I told some of the regulars about the survey,at first they thought I was joking ( a bit like when I told them if your blind in the UK the BBC give you a 50% discount) when they knew I was serious,they put it on the level of their chairman appointing the Neville brothers.

the job he's done which he himself calls a success would have been matched (or possibly bettered) by a Mark Hughes or an Alan Pardew. He has achieved the absolute minimum that is expected of any premierleague manager - survival, and nothing more.

I really think this would have been matched by Unsy as well. I'm not just basing it on the last win when Allardyce was in the stands, I think Unsy talked a lot of sense and seemed to have instilled some confidence and positive energy, as well as sensible balanced selections. I'm sure it was a matter of time that he was just trying to turn around a seriously negative squad. I think Rooney would have been rejuvenated , it's no surprise and very telling that Mirallas and Schneiderlin had some issues, and also he knows all of the players' histories as well. Shame!

Are we talking the same Alan Pardew who WBA recently sacked?
Tony Pulis was sacked after taking 10 points from the first 12 games of the season – two wins, four draws and six defeats – and another two draws followed under caretaker Gary Megson before Pardew was appointed.

Under his management, though, the club have won only one game and taken eight points in all – that equates to 0.57 per game, compared to 0.86 under the combination of Pulis and Megson.

They are also scoring fewer goals – 0.71 per game, down from 0.86 – and Pardew has failed to fix their record of conceding 1.5 goals per game.

It's a bit harsh giving him 0 points. I mean, as he pointed out, if the games against the RS had been in the CL we'd have gone through on the away goals rule. What a manager.

Are we talking the same Alan Pardew who WBA recently sacked?
Tony Pulis was sacked after taking 10 points from the first 12 games of the season – two wins, four draws and six defeats – and another two draws followed under caretaker Gary Megson before Pardew was appointed.

Under his management, though, the club have won only one game and taken eight points in all – that equates to 0.57 per game, compared to 0.86 under the combination of Pulis and Megson.

They are also scoring fewer goals – 0.71 per game, down from 0.86 – and Pardew has failed to fix their record of conceding 1.5 goals per game.
I'd expect any semi competent manager with experience in the premierleague to achieve what Allardyce has achieved with this squad and that includes the likes of Pardew, Hughes, Pulis and anyone else you want to chuck into the mix. That's not because i think they are all better than Sam (i wouldn't want any of them at this club) but that's how poorly i rate the job the he has done that i think any of those other terrible managers would achieved the same.

He’s ruined it for himself. If he had got exactly the same results but said different things there might be s hirbof sympathy and understanding for him now. We all knew the job was very difficult due to the disgrace of a squad and his buys in Jan were actually good. But it was almost as though as soon as we were relatively safe he just went into Sam Allardyce ego mode and took it on himself to troll the fan base. I honestly don’t care what argument anyone has about results anymore, he’s written his own P45.

I gave him 4.
He has kept us up (whether we would have anyway without him is speculation)
He brought in Tosun who looks pretty handy

That's all I can give him really. I hate the football. I hate the ethos of getting the ball to our good players and hope they can conjure something on the fly.

He's just not a fit. I don't think he should be lambasted but he shouldn't get longer than the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.