Marco Silvas end of year review

What are your thoughts on Marco Silva?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh another review / poll.

Did we lose?

Yeah sorry I just wanted to gauge what peoples views are.

I realise he has a thread, but it seems to be the same posters posting the same thing.

And given it was our last game this year I thought it might be an idea, hopefully we dont have them every week, the end of the season should be the next like.

I realise he has a thread, but it seems to be the same posters posting the same thing.

And given it was our last game this year I thought it might be an idea, hopefully we dont have them every week, the end of the season should be the next like.

I might do one next week MG, I've never done a poll.

I'll see if we win against Lincoln first

Fine to give him until the end of the season, unless he treats the FA Cup like he did the League Cup.

But he's not very good.

Basically this has always been my concern from the start ...

His relegation with Hull and his sacking at Watford is all you need to know....

But but but Hull were already doomed to be relegated when he joined them.

Well no...

Sure when he joined on the 5th of Jan they were 20th on 13 points but...

Swansea were 19th on 15 points and stayed up!
Sunderland 18th on 15 points
Palace 17th on 16 points and stayed up!
Boro 16th on 19 points

5th of May they were out of the relegation zone with 3 games remaining, 2 points above Swansea and the next day lost 2-0 to Sunderland at home who were bottom! Then got thumped by Palace 0-4 and that was the end of that.

So yeah. Not having that 'Hull were already down' as an excuse at all.

Fine to give him until the end of the season, unless he treats the FA Cup like he did the League Cup.

But he's not very good.

Basically this has always been my concern from the start ...

But but but Hull were already doomed to be relegated when he joined them.

Well no...

Sure when he joined on the 5th of Jan they were 20th on 13 points but...

Swansea were 19th on 15 points and stayed up!
Sunderland 18th on 15 points
Palace 17th on 16 points and stayed up!
Boro 16th on 19 points

5th of May they were out of the relegation zone with 3 games remaining, 2 points above Swansea and the next day lost 2-0 to Sunderland at home who were bottom! Then got thumped by Palace 0-4 and that was the end of that.

So yeah. Not having that 'Hull were already down' as an excuse at all.

I think you've just completely contradicted yourself there....

Results wise it's average, but performance wise some of the football has been very good to watch, so above average. We are always trying to attack and look for goals but the balance between defence and attack is obviously not right yet.

He needs more time and more transfer windows to correct this. If results are the same this time next year it would be a cause for concern, but until then then man must be given a chance. Chopping and changing managers at the first sign of things not going well is madness.

Well since you put it so nicely I'll play:

A thumbs up from me so far. He has us inconsistent, but at times we have played some exhilarating footie. Other times we've looked clueless, but on the whole we've been less clueless than under previous managers, so I see progress.

I will judge it a good season if we get better consistency and finish no lower than 8th this year (only) and get a good cup run, taking it seriously. I can live with some bad results so long as we're giving things a go. Silva is learning his team and they're learning him.

Ferguson's start at united teaches us that you can't judge a manager too early.

Laughing at the options. What about below average but not awful? I give him 4/10 and Brands 8/10.

Status
Not open for further replies.