2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Odds on now first to be sacked. But he said ‘“we were unlucky”. No idea about how to set up a team. We need to find a replacement who can get the team performing or we really are in big trouble this time

This is the rub of it. More and more each season depends on momentum and on paper at least our opening games this season seemed to offer up more realistic points than most, we've got the hardest part to come in December. If we haven't dragged ourself firmly into the top half by then, we'll drop.
It's 6th October and the season is written off already.

Don't forget that fizzy drink cup game against Watford.

We will probably get shafted in front of a gate of 7,859.

And the players get a free pass. There was an interview with Roy Keane recently and he said even under Ferguson, the United dressing room pretty much ran itself because of the great characters in it. Our dressing room seems to 'down tools' for every manager, yet the blame is always pinged on the coach.

We have a weak mentality running through the club however post Moyes we have hired 3 average managers so we cant expect them to exactly run through brick walls for said managers who keep setting them up to fail tactically.

I said earlier these days you need a top manager to be able to motivate 11 multimillionaire primadonna's these days - managers like Martinez & Silva cant do it.

Not to mention the person who hires these managers, gives them lengthy contracts, and then sacks them in a blink of an eye gets off Scott free. In most lines of work if you kept sacking the people 'you' hired and results hadn't improved throughout your numerous hirings, you might question your approach, but apparently we're happy to be a joke of a club who burn through money like it's going out of fashion without going anywhere at all.
Moshiri: he wasn't big enough to admit that you hire a top CEO to oversee a football club in the PL. He's been a backseat driver and he's cost us.

We were linked for so long with Brian Gilvary from BP, but nothing came of it. Probably knew what a meddlesome tool Moshiri is.

We need a top CEO + strong manager in charge of transfer dealings as well as coaching.

He is gone no doubt now. To bad we can't get rid of a few players to go with him. At least the tactics will change. I will take any manager that hates zonal marking. We just can't incorporate it.

Eight games in.

I see the concern and recognise it. However, it's early. Any decision is not being made unless we lose both the next two. I feel sure of that.

Uppermost in the latitude they'll give Silva is what he had to contend with this summer: late arrivals, sales of his players, left him short at CB.

WHU and BHA games will sort this out one way or the other. 4 from the 6 and he's sticking around. If we get less than that I believe he's on thin ice. I would not hold him responsible for the whole situation though. The DoF has made these changes since last season when we were flying, and he carries the can also. I'd punt him too. He;s wasted £200M since he came in.

He isn't responsible for the whole situation, but other teams have had to contend with losing players, Leicester lost Harry Maguire and didn't really replace him, because the centre back market was terrible. They were quoted over £50 million for Aki.

Brands replaced Gana with Gbamin, sadly he picked up an injury. He's also brought in Moise Kean up front. As we haven't lost anyone upfront, you can't really say thats an area where we are weaker.

The only obvious downgrade is centreback. But irrespective of that, to be in the relegation zone in early October, following that start to the season is absolutely disgracegul.

If the club had someone they could bring in, he should be gone tonight. But I doubt they do, so he will probably stick it out until things get ugly.

It's not happening on the pitch. Silva is making zero attempts to improve or change tactically to show anyone he's the "right man".

Christ even Koeman threw the kitchen sink in when things were getting choppy with Niasse who he absolutely despised.
We have to stick by some manager some day, it may as well be Silva, who we KNW can get some great results.

Anyway, he will be given a bit more time, so why not back him?

Moshiri: he wasn't big enough to admit that you hire a top CEO to oversee a football club in the PL. He's been a backseat driver and he's cost us.

We were linked for so long with Brian Gilvary from BP, but nothing came of it. Probably knew what a meddlesome tool Moshiri is.

We need a top CEO + strong manager in charge of transfer dealings as well as coaching.

We have in Brands. He'll show some backbone and fire Silva.

Strong leadership for me.

In a parallel universe silva would have been relatively successful, reaching a cup final finishing 6th last season and currently Everton would be 4th in the league. This forum would be up in tiz about the continual rumour of him being the next Man Utd manager

We have to stick by some manager some day, it may as well be Silva, who we KNW can get some great results.

Anyway, he will be given a bit more time, so why not back him?

He should be sacked by tomorrow morning. Bottom 3 after this favourable fixtures. He’s done.

Thats it now for me.barcodes have just beat man u .we are 18th in the league on 7 points.with only 6 goals scored.after on paper our easy start for many years and 100s of millions spent on players.im sorry he has to be sacked.a long and hard rest of the season ahead of us.

As I said earlier, we have achieved practically the same results from every manager back to David Moyes (~40% win ratio), and yet we still cling to this belief that a change of manager is what we need. We've tried that four times since Moyes and it's not made any difference, but hey ho, lets try it again, blow even more money in compensation. I'm sure the 5th time will be different. We can always rinse and repeat in 18 months time like we always do.

Should we just stick with an under performing manager out of embarrassment? Naively hope he learns he is able to change formation/tactics/team now and again?

If he'd have shown any nous about him the past season and a bit (while results were relatively important), fair enough. But he's shown sod all imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.