2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just get that utterly worthless POS out of this club now. He's a joke and has been since day one, easily the worst manager we've had since Mike Walker. I'm embarrassed that we even gave him an interview never mind the job.

This is his Martinez/Norwich moment, sacking him would be a kindness at point because it means letting him off the barrage of stick that he's gonna be taking on the 19th againt West Ham.

Out! Now! Just act for once, FFS Everton! :mad:

A clone.

Eight games in.

I see the concern and recognise it. However, it's early. Any decision is not being made unless we lose both the next two. I feel sure of that.

Uppermost in the latitude they'll give Silva is what he had to contend with this summer: late arrivals, sales of his players, left him short at CB.

WHU and BHA games will sort this out one way or the other. 4 from the 6 and he's sticking around. If we get less than that I believe he's on thin ice. I would not hold him responsible for the whole situation though. The DoF has made these changes since last season when we were flying, and he carries the can also. I'd punt him too. He;s wasted £200M since he came in.

It would seem we need a repeat of the arsenal result to have any change in personell.

Said it before, Liverpool drew with us 4 years ago at this point and decided they needed a new manager. They showed ambition for the first time in a decade and now they are looking formidable.

We didn't win a game against a team not in the bottom 3 until February at that point. We carried on waiting for our form to change.

Same principle. These results , the stats , the performances should not be good enough. We shouldn't accept them or wait for them to change. This is why we are a mid table club, no ambition. I genuinely am starting to think the signings we have made have been done solely to profit rather than to improve us, because what team with some of our players accepts bottom 3 so early on in the season?

We all know Silva isn't good enough, we know things aren't going to improve and we know sooner or later we are sacking Silva. Why not do it now?

This is far beyond a knee jerk reaction anymore, when you never win a game under a manager after going behind so many times and concede the same way more than anyone else , it's damning.

We finished 5th with a wage bill of 80m.
We sit 17th with a wage bill of 142m.

Firstly, it's not about absolutes, but where our salary fits in with those of our peers. I suspect we have always been around 6-10th in the big spenders league, so we should expect to finish precisely where we do each year (and I would expect us to finish there again by the end of this season, regardless of who the manager is.)

We cant carry on with the 18 month manager routine. It is killing us with costs...the compo and contract and the churn in players.

We need to make a stand. Weather this. That takes a bit of maturity and character from fans as well as owners.

Status
Not open for further replies.