2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather not be the club who gives managers 200m quid and 15 months, and then let's them continue even when they are in the relegation positions. That is the definition of gross negligence.

He is failing disastrously. Who cares what other fans think. From my experience anyway, all my mates (mainly reds and united) are baffled he's still in a job.
Many of mine wonder how his CV got him the job in the first place.

Just get that utterly worthless POS out of this club right now. He's a joke and has been since day one, easily the worst manager we've had since Mike Walker. I'm embarrassed that we even gave him an interview never mind the job.

This is his Martinez/Norwich moment, sacking him would be a kindness at point because it means letting him off the barrage of stick that he's gonna be taking on the 19th againt West Ham.

Out! Now! Just act for once, FFS Everton! :mad:

We have acted both times when it was needed and it will happen again, no one at the club will be happy with this

How many negative stats has he currently got.
Worst record in division for defending set peices.
Hasnt managed a team that have come back from a goal down in two and half years. Never at Everton.
Currently lost more games than won at Everton.
No track record AT ALL as a manager.

Awful awful recruitment Everton. Awful.

Based on what? The 18 month manager routine is because we are picking the wrong one. Silva should not get any different treatment because we have picked two poor ones before him. The compo is moshiris money and his fault because he picked them. No sympathy whatsoever. If the only reason you have that we should keep Silva is because we’ve had two or three crap managers before him as well then that’s crazy. Maybe provide some insight as to what Silva actually brings to the table as a football manager. Tactics? Team selection? Inspiring? In game management? Charisma?
No thought not.....
...and you think Brands can get us a decent manager? He'll bring some hash-brownie chomping, indentikit, obnoxious Dutch divvy in.

Digne is. The rest: are you happy with their performances? Easily pleased if so. Look where we are.
Performances can improve though. If collectively so many better players are underperforming then it's not the individual player that is at fault.

I mean sure, the German lad, iwobi, Delph , sidebe are unknown quantity at the minute. So none of us can say if they are improvements but whilst the team as a whole are massively underperforming then it's hard to come off looking good.

If he was showing even the slightest sign of sorting things out or being able to motivate his players then you could make a case for showing some patience but he's not, not even remotely, same mistakes every week and sooner or later you have to say enough a enoughs, show too much blind loyalty and we might find ourselves in a situation we can't recover from.

We have to stick by some manager some day, it may as well be Silva, who we KNW can get some great results.

Anyway, he will be given a bit more time, so why not back him?

Thing is mate, we are 18th after a relatively easy start to the league. We all got behind them last season and we looked decent, he was backed in the summer with some decent signings and we have gone backwards at an alarming rate. The warning signs were there in preseason when we were struggling to break down league 2 teams. The next 2 weeks of looking at that league table will do him no good either. The fans want blood and we tend to get what we want in the end.

He's not even remotely looked like turning this run around though, he's making the same mistakes week in week out. Sometimes you just have to say enough a enough

People were saying the same last season and then we went on a run towards the end of the season where we outplayed several teams above us in the league.

If you are a boss and you give someone an objective at the start of the year. You then see that person crashing and burning pretty early on...what would you do?

If you give them an objective then you give them a chance to meet it, especially when you rubbed up an opposing club and spent a fortune installing Allardyce as a stop gap for that person. The directors either back the person they bent over backwards to get or they don't. We're a joke otherwise.

I'd rather not be the club who gives managers 200m quid and 15 months, and then let's them continue even when they are in the relegation positions. That is the definition of gross negligence.

He is failing disastrously. Who cares what other fans think. From my experience anyway, all my mates (mainly reds and united) are baffled he's still in a job.

Much better to blow £200 million and then sack coaches every season, coz that's worked wonders for us hasn't it? A distinct lack of balls being displayed in here. I know it's the social media instant gratification age and all, but this is frankly toys out of the pram stuff.

We have to stick by some manager some day, it may as well be Silva, who we KNW can get some great results.

Anyway, he will be given a bit more time, so why not back him?

I honestly had the same mentality which has suddenly changed.

The minute the team sheet was released against Burnley, you knew that we'd struggle to get a result. Reason being? The same tactics and line up away from, pretty much, that he rolled out at Villa (2.0 loss), Bournemouth (3.1 loss).

He's not changing to win matches or stop losing matches. He's doing the same over and over and it's not working.

He's shown zero to suggest he'll change. Like I've said before, even Koeman threw every squad player he had to try and make it work.

Should we just stick with an under performing manager out of embarrassment? Naively hope he learns he is able to change formation/tactics/team now and again?

If he'd have shown any nous about him the past season and a bit (while results were relatively important), fair enough. But he's shown sod all imo.

Not out of embarrassment, but out of a realisation that whomever we get in to replace him is unlikely to improve matters. As I've said repeatedly, none of the coaches we've recruited in the past 30 years has managed to exceed a ~40% win ratio. What the [Poor language removed] makes you think a new coach will make a blind bit of difference to that stat?

After the game yesterday he was over to us clapping and trying to get the players to do the same. They all scurried of to the tunnel . They are lost with his tactics or lack of them. We are conceding from set pieces because of zonal marking - simple as - we can’t score because we can’t break teams down. Again bad setting up of the team. Easy to blame the players some who are way of the mark of the required standard but for me blame lies with the manager

He isn't responsible for the whole situation, but other teams have had to contend with losing players, Leicester lost Harry Maguire and didn't really replace him, because the centre back market was terrible. They were quoted over £50 million for Aki.

Brands replaced Gana with Gbamin, sadly he picked up an injury. He's also brought in Moise Kean up front. As we haven't lost anyone upfront, you can't really say thats an area where we are weaker.

The only obvious downgrade is centreback. But irrespective of that, to be in the relegation zone in early October, following that start to the season is absolutely disgracegul.

If the club had someone they could bring in, he should be gone tonight. But I doubt they do, so he will probably stick it out until things get ugly.
Leicester had that Turkish CB who is as good as Maguire if not better.

...replacing Gueye with Gbamin? FFS, is that a defence of Brands?

We hire Moyes from Preston, wins nothing whilst he is here.

We hire Martinez , who wins fa cup whilst being relegated. Ends final season struggling to beat teams outside the bottom three.

We hire koeman, who's greatest achievement on the league was bottling a chance of taking Southampton to top 4 and finishing 7th. Sell him down the river transfer wise but he finished 7th anyway.

We hire allardyce , that goes as well as we would expect.

We hire Silva, who's record included a relegation, sacking in the space of 12 months and average of less than a season and a half in his whole career. Now in bottom 3.

Can noone at the club please see a pattern here? We have literally hired two managers who have been relegated in our last 3 appointments ! That's incredible , especially how we keep ending up back there.

...and you think Brands can get us a decent manager? He'll bring some hash-brownie chomping, indentikit, obnoxious Dutch divvy in.

That's the absolute limit! You simply cannot go round bandying accusations against hash brownies!!
I won't have it you hear? I won't have it !

Status
Not open for further replies.