2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
That argument stood 2 managers ago. We keep changing the players and getting the same results.

When we are sacking managers whilst replacing the players then those two points don't correlate. You can't blame the players all the time when their manager is getting sacked, last 3 managers sacked and Silva now waiting to be.

I agree the players do need to put a shift in , absolutely. But as the stats show, Silva as manager doesn't have a team fight for him. That's as much a sign about his ability than anything else.
It;s monotonous and cretinous: hire manager ----> wait for short term downturn ----> sack him with compo ----> hire new manager - rinse/repeat

He wont. Sorry.

You have no way of knowing whether he will or wont and neither do i.

He should be gone tomorrow though regardless. It is complete insanity to let this no mark do any more damage than he already has. It is unforgivable to be in the relegation zone after playing 8 games and 7 of them against bang average teams.

Doesn't deserve any further backing and fully deserves to be sacked. There isn't a club in the premier league that wouldn't sack him.

Should be gone tomorrow.

When you look at the first 11. Silva has had signed for him ;

New goalkeeper
New left back
New centre half
New right back
3 new centre mids
3 new wingers
New striker

He has his team there and for whatever reason he isn't forming a new team out of them. You can argue they were signed for him but when the achievements of some of these are world cup, euros , premier League, seria a titles, with so many with tip level experience.

How can you then justify not playing them and wondering why on earth you find yourself in the bottom 3?

That little run papered over the cracks of what was a pretty gash season on the whole. And is hat the best we should hope for, be crap for two thirds of a season before finishing strong

Yes, finishing around 7th is the best we should hope for when our wage bill is over £100 million less than Arsenal and the teams above us.

Maybe because of this.

View attachment 68152

Will be sacked tomorrow hopefully while the season is still salvageable and good riddance to him.

I’d like to think so too mate, but I have no confidence in this board on the football side. They’ll probably let it slip a few more games which will also see us get knocked out of the cup by Watford.

Reactions: Lob
That just isn't true though, is it?

He was handed tat and had his best defensive player sold on him...and had a hole left where a CB should be.

Most promising young striker in Europe, who can’t get a game ahead of that waste Lewin, along with the others who all look completely devoid of any confidence or clue what this manager is trying to achieve.

Gueye was always going in the summer, you’re an intelligent guy Dave so don’t pretend you and indeed we all didn’t know that. I agree we should have signed another CB but Mina has played well imo, certainly no better or worse than Zouma was last year.

I understand you question our signings and transfer strategy but you cannot defend a manager with this squad losing to Burnley, Sheffield United, Aston Villa and Bournemouth. It’s completely unacceptable.

We're already a joke at the moment, so why change? As for my point, if they carry on doing the same thing...what do you do?

This is Silva's team now. He had his transition period and did better at this point last season as he tried to find his footing.

He has now. What's he doing to change his fortune? Nothing.

There is nothing a manager can do to change our fortunes as our budget isn't big enough. You may get the odd season, as we did with Martinez, where the ball runs for you more than it should, but the vast majority of the time, you end up where money suggests you should end up. That's not going to change with a new manager, no matter how much we think it will.

That just isn't true though, is it?

He was handed tat and had his best defensive player sold on him...and had a hole left where a CB should be.
And this is excuse for being in a relegation zone after playing against some weakest teams in this league? Laughable.

I would accept him not deliver Europe with what you stated, not a fight for survival ffs.

Lack of balls??? lol

Absolute tosh.

The only lack of gut is from the board and hierarchy who keep tolerating abject failure. We had fans celebrating a 3-1 loss last week. What on earth is going on???

How long do you suggest waiting? Another 30 years?

As I said above - the history of the Premier League says teams finish where their wage bill says they finish. For us, that's about 7th. No manager is going to change that. Soz like. Welcome to the Premier League.

Status
Not open for further replies.