2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
No manager will do anything with us the club is small club mentality. They bottle anything that is on the line every single time that goes for the player the coaching staff. Best chance to have a real go this season and it’s early on I know but the signs are the same as every other season.

I don’t think we should play the same we are away from home nevermind the same formation. Bournemouth left no space for the team to do tippy tappy crap and we just keep it till we were for all 90 mins. It just did not work like the Villa game. And the manager did not know how to deal with that.

The penny should drop after that. As I´ve said, the onus should be on defending and hoping we can sneak one down the other end. We are so open right now and it just isn´t working.

We need change though Dave.

Surely the money being thrown around we can do better?

I dont trust the board to get the next appointment right either btw however it baffles me that the board haven't looked at the likes of Jose out of a job and thinking "have a word with his agent and see if he would be interested" or something like that.

I had faith in Brands until this summer gone as Kean doesn't look much cop, we needed another CM and CB and a proper goalscorer like Haller/Wilson leading the line so God knows who he would go for.
We cant get better than Silva.

We'll recover from this and get 6th/7th. That's all that can be done at Everton.

This performance was way worse than Villa, With the Villa lose we fluffed two easy chances with this one we created nothing and did nothing.
Just pathetic from player to manager, It's hard to be motivated to care what this team does anymore. I've been watching 4-2-3-1 for the past 9 years and it gets us no where.

The worst thing is the manager was not flexible enough to alter tactics and we were seeing the same stuff doing all over again but won’t work. I mean away from home.

Because we cant defend. We have been vulnerable at the back, set pieces especially since Martinez imo. Having frigging schneiderlin in midfield, who has literally zero interest in passing forward, doesnt help our transition from back to front either. He has the odd half decent game and folk think hes turned the corner but hes 29(?) now and his career is pretty much that by definition.

Too many weaknesses in key positions. Keane and Mina are not the answer at the back imo. Schneiderlin certainly isnt the answer in midfield. Theres also a very valid argument to be made that Colemans better days are long behind him. That leaves Digne and Pickford out of the defensive 6 who are up to the standard of what we need going forward. Only my opinion of course, but if only 33% of your defensive unit is genuinely good enough then theres not really any other questions that need asking. To confirm, who out of the back 6 today would get into a Tottenham, Arsenal, Utd or Chelsea side? For me only pickford and digne would be close. Yet we think we are good enough to challenge for top 6. Deluded really.
No way Pickford gets a game for top 6. Digne still has big question marks against him defensively and Richarlison on consistency but they are probably our only players who would get in a top 6 squad.

Should play front four off kean Richarlison Iwobi Bernard and hit on the counter. We struggle to break teams down when they are set.

Status
Not open for further replies.