2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
But three games against poor opposition which we need to be beating if we are going to move forward into European spots.

Away wins against the likes of Bournemouth and Villa are the bread and butter of the top 6 teams and if we can't win these games it is going to be very hard for Silva to improve our league finish.

Last year was acceptable but people want to see improvement and this early run of fixtures was an opportunity for us to show we've progressed. From what we've seen so far the early signs are not great.

Still very early though.. Villa and today were disappointing but hardly unexpected. We lack any real threat down the middle and we play very open football. He needs to address it if he wants to keep his job for sure.

Because we're 5 games into the season?
What about last season during the first few months that
FS football to Silva isn’t even debatable but crying for the manager to be sacked when we lose is pretty low
We are not getting better results after hes been here well over a year and we have spent a fortune.

What are you seeing that suggests we are progressing or that this manager has ever done anything to suggest he can get us into the top 6 and win cup competitions?

A poorish set of player that hes spent a fortune on. How can we spend so much on players over the past few years and be so poor?
Because we cant defend. We have been vulnerable at the back, set pieces especially since Martinez imo. Having frigging schneiderlin in midfield, who has literally zero interest in passing forward, doesnt help our transition from back to front either. He has the odd half decent game and folk think hes turned the corner but hes 29(?) now and his career is pretty much that by definition.

Too many weaknesses in key positions. Keane and Mina are not the answer at the back imo. Schneiderlin certainly isnt the answer in midfield. Theres also a very valid argument to be made that Colemans better days are long behind him. That leaves Digne and Pickford out of the defensive 6 who are up to the standard of what we need going forward. Only my opinion of course, but if only 33% of your defensive unit is genuinely good enough then theres not really any other questions that need asking. To confirm, who out of the back 6 today would get into a Tottenham, Arsenal, Utd or Chelsea side? For me only pickford and digne would be close. Yet we think we are good enough to challenge for top 6. Deluded really.

It's not good enough. But he is a decent manager. He's not a bad manager. That's all I claim.

We need change though Dave.

Surely the money being thrown around we can do better?

I dont trust the board to get the next appointment right either btw however it baffles me that the board haven't looked at the likes of Jose out of a job and thinking "have a word with his agent and see if he would be interested" or something like that.

I had faith in Brands until this summer gone as Kean doesn't look much cop, we needed another CM and CB and a proper goalscorer like Haller/Wilson leading the line so God knows who he would go for.

But three games against poor opposition which we need to be beating if we are going to move forward into European spots.

Away wins against the likes of Bournemouth and Villa are the bread and butter of the top 6 teams and if we can't win these games it is going to be very hard for Silva to improve our league finish.

Last year was acceptable but people want to see improvement and this early run of fixtures was an opportunity for us to show we've progressed. From what we've seen so far the early signs are not great.

The second season is not a free pass. Silva must deliver it.

This performance was way worse than Villa, With the Villa lose we fluffed two easy chances with this one we created nothing and did nothing.
Just pathetic from player to manager, It's hard to be motivated to care what this team does anymore. I've been watching 4-2-3-1 for the past 9 years and it gets us no where.

Your blind support goes nowhere. Look at the way we create chances. Push it to the wings and let percentage take care of the rest.

You must be silly not to admit it
Are you kidding? I've said all over this forum today how baneful that was from Silva.

I think a big problem for us away from home is that we are seen as a scalp. They know we have good players and that means they´re absolutely switched on from the word go, the opposition crowd are always up for it too. Silva has to find a way around this but it´s difficult when you´re away from home and teams are defending solidly.
Just about the most abysmal post I have ever read on football anywhere.

We've had a very easy un-Everton sequence of fixtures to start this season - we have well and truly blown them one solitary point away from three very winnable ties.
If we're not on 20pts at least by the beginning of the horror show December is looking like at this moment I fear for this team.
There hasn’t been enough emphasis on this. Our fixtures early on were made for a great start but it’s been squandered. I’d even worry about Sheffield United

Ok fair enough mate. I think he’s a better coach than manager. Managing a team including setting us up against good or bad teams home or away I believe he ain’t good enough. He always says he likes to control games, of the players aren’t good enough, you won’t control games. He has no plan B.
Agreed. I suggest he acquires one....quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.