2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has achieved infinitely more than Marco Silva in my opinion.

To take Bournemouth from League One to the Premier League in 3 years, winning the Championship in the process (a much tougher league than the Greek league) is a hell of an achievement in itself.

To then stay there, comfortably, achieving a top half finish with a less than modest budget, while playing open, attacking Football, is incredible.

Eddie Howe is an exceptional manager and he'll get a chance at a top club one day, I'd certainly hope it's us.

Has achieved infinitely more than Marco Silva in my opinion - Wrong.

To then stay there, comfortably, achieving a top half finish with a less than modest budget, while playing open, attacking Football, is incredible.

He's finished in the top ten once in four seasons. So not sure how that is classified as comfortably in the top half?

As for a modest budget, he's spent over £250m in five years. Including £20m on Solanke, £16m on Jordon Ibe and actual money on Brad Smith before farming him off to the Seattle after five games.

Eddie Howe is an exceptional manager and he'll get a chance at a top club one day, I'd certainly hope it's us.

I'm pretty sure the same was said of the likes of Owen Coyle, Michael Laudrup, Martin O'Neill etc. Christ we had people thinking Martinez was going to end up at Barcelona. Interesting how no big club has gone anywhere near him yet though isn't it? Maybe Burnley again when we go for Dyche.....

Has achieved infinitely more than Marco Silva in my opinion - Wrong.

He's finished in the top ten once in four seasons. So not sure how that is classified as comfortably in the top half?

As for a modest budget, he's spent over £250m in five years. Including £20m on Solanke, £16m on Jordon Ibe and actual money on Brad Smith before farming him off to the Seattle after five games.

I'm pretty sure the same was said of the likes of Owen Coyle, Michael Laudrup, Martin O'Neill etc. Christ we had people thinking Martinez was going to end up at Barcelona. Interesting how no big club has gone anywhere near him yet though isn't it? Maybe Burnley again when we go for Dyche.....

hey jackyboy,

whats your thoughts on Eddie Howe ??

To take Bournemouth from League One to the Premier League in 3 years, winning the Championship in the process (a much tougher league than the Greek league) is a hell of an achievement in itself.

I agree totally
The signings of Jordan Ibe and Dominic solanke for a combined total of 40 m prove this point beyond question.
The man is a genius

Eddie Howe will never be Everton manager.....Ever.

Burnley was his peak....that turned out ok :oops:

As long as results like that cease to happen going forward that's the main thing I want.

As I said at the time - results like Villa and Fulham away last season simply shouldn't happen full stop. All teams have 'blips' but top 6 teams generally don't get beaten by a couple goals to nil in these games and neither should we. About as unprofessional as things get - points you simply can't just let go to waste for a club with supposed 'ambition'.

They won’t ever “cease to happen”. It’s football, you’re never going to beat every team you perceive to be worse than you 100% of the time. City lost to Newcastle and Palace last year. It’s football and results like this happen. Imagine how boring it would be if every single game played out to the form book every time.

They won’t ever “cease to happen”. It’s football, you’re never going to beat every team you perceive to be worse than you 100% of the time. City lost to Newcastle and Palace last year. It’s football and results like this happen. Imagine how boring it would be if every single game played out to the form book every time.

I might actually win an accumulator if that was the case tho lol

Mickey Mellon did well at Tranmere -get him in!

Wrong.

On point one, it's my opinion that Howe's achievements outweigh Silva's. You evidently disagree. That doesn't make my opinion wrong.

On point two, you obviously haven't read my 2nd sentence properly. Check again and note the comma's. 'To then stay there, comfortably,'. He's stayed in the Premier League comfortably.

On point three, every manager makes poor signings over a 4 year period. Marco Silva signed the likes of Andre Gray, Brown Ideye, Kamil Grosicki and Will Hughes for over £40m.

Howe has also brought in the likes of Ake (£20m) Fraser (£400,000) Josh King (£3m) and Callum Wilson (£3m) and made a massive profit on players like Mousset, Ritchie and Mings.

In any case, he's spent a fraction of what everyone else has spent and got them in a position where now they're considered a steady mid-table team.

Coyle and Laudrup had one good season in the Premier League, they aren't in Howe's league. He's precisely the path to follow for young managers, to take a team from League One to a steady Premier League team across 5 years, without the resources generally required to even attempt it, is a hell of an achievement - I'm not sure why you'd attempt to knock it.

On point one, it's my opinion that Howe's achievements outweigh Silva's. You evidently disagree. That doesn't make my opinion wrong.

On point two, you obviously haven't noted the comma in my 2nd sentence. 'To then stay there, comfortably,'. He's stayed in the Premier League comfortably.

On point three, every manager makes poor signings over a 4 year period. Marco Silva signed the likes of Andre Gray, Brown Ideye, Kamil Grosicki and Will Hughes for over £40m.

Howe has also brought in the likes of Ake (£20m) Fraser (£400,000) Josh King (£3m) and Callum Wilson (£3m) and made a massive profit on players like Mousset, Ritchie and Mings.

In any case, he's spent a fraction of what everyone else has spent and got them in a position where now they're considered a steady mid-table team.

Coyle and Laudrup had one good season in the Premier League, they aren't in Howe's league. He's precisely the path to follow for young managers, to take a team from League One to a steady Premier League team across 5 years, without the resources generally required to even attempt it, is a hell of an achievement - I'm not sure why you'd attempt to knock it.

Sound, so if we wanted a manager that would keep us in the league we should look no further than Eddie Howe.

I was under the impression that we were looking to do a little more than just stay in the league tho myself.

Lets be honest- for all the teeth gnashing of "MORINO IS A CHECK BOOK MANAGER" what exactly is Silva? Approx £200 million spent in 2 transfer window.

People carry on like he's done a Davy Moyes bringing in players for buttons.

Sound, so if we wanted a manager that would keep us in the league we should look no further than Eddie Howe.

I was under the impression that we were looking to do a little more than just stay in the league tho myself.

That's not how it works though is it?

We wanted to do more than stay in the league and hired a bloke who had just taken Hull down and lost half of the 26 games he had at Watford, winning just eight.

OK, we want to break the top four, so we need to hire a manager who's upset the established order and broke the top four / top six in the past? What's Moyes, O'Leary, Keegan, Dalglish, Burley, Souness, Bobby Robson or Harry Redknapp up to these days?

Eddie Howe is a manager who has shown progression and improvement at Bournemouth across a number of years, playing attacking and expansive Football.

I reckon he's a certainty for Spurs if / when Poch goes. Vault me.

That's essentially what the reds are doing right now and have been for a while. The only team capable of beating them over the last 12-18 months (domestically, at least) is City. They beat everyone else consistantly simply because they are better and that's really the bottom line.

As much as it pains me to say it, we should be looking to replicate them.

Status
Not open for further replies.