2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
People would still moan about him if we finished like 7th and won the league cup. It would be but that Carabao cup means nothing, it's easy to win, teams like Swansea have won it. He can't win with some people, they'd made their minds up on him as soon as he was appointed

I see the fan boys are out in full force today

but oddly silent when we lose or play crap against the likes of villa and palace

We may be silent when we don't perform too well mainly because of disappointment but one thing is for sure.....we wouldn't be on here demanding the sack like a brat who didn't get the toy he wanted. We are on a total reconstruction and he has had just the one season and yet the children come out to play and want another toy....until they are fed up with that.

We may be silent when we don't perform too well mainly because of disappointment but one thing is for sure.....we wouldn't be on here demanding the sack like a brat who didn't get the toy he wanted. We are on a total reconstruction and he has had just the one season and yet the children come out to play and want another toy....until they are fed up with that.

good for you mush

He needs to be given a lengthy crack for me, Continuity is the way forward for a team like us imo who are seesawing between Europa and top 6, Chopping and changing only works if you've got an elite squad already assembled or just want a relegation firefighter, I accept we might finished 8th or 9th here and there but I'll take it on the chin and hopefully the long building process will slowly let us creep our way into top 6 on the regs.
I'd only replace him if we're flirting with relegation or he can only take us to 7/8th after numerous seasons.

It does make me laugh...as soon as we draw or lose, out comes the “Silva is clueless” or “ how long should Silva be given” threads.
Silva has brought belief for the first time in years. He has brought in world class players like Digne, Gomes, Richarlison, Bernard. He’s supported them with excellent buys in Delph, Kean and Iwobi.
Going to Goodison has become pleasurable again.
Let’s give him at least the January window Before Goodison returns to the one with that awful baying for blood atmosphere that epitomised the Late Martinez, Koeman, Allardyce days.

It does make me laugh...as soon as we draw or lose, out comes the “Silva is clueless” or “ how long should Silva be given” threads.
Silva has brought belief for the first time in years. He has brought in world class players like Digne, Gomes, Richarlison, Bernard. He’s supported them with excellent buys in Delph, Kean and Iwobi.
Let’s give him at least the January window Before Goodison returns to the one with that awful baying for blood atmosphere that epitomised the Late Martinez, Koeman, Allardyce days.
Just for argument sake mate i wouldn't say them 3 are world class good yes but world class no.I agree with the rest.

Is there any aspect of the club that’s deteriorated since he arrived??

Atmosphere, playing staff, quality off football, defence, attack, wage bill, value of the squad....is there anything that’s not got better since he’s been here as I don’t think there is.

Love the man.

Is there any aspect of the club that’s deteriorated since he arrived??

Atmosphere, playing staff, quality off football, defence, attack, wage bill, value of the squad....is there anything that’s not got better since he’s been here as I don’t think there is.

Love the man.

Thats a fair point. I think in some ways the (improved) results on the pitch are probably the least impressive so far. A lot of the players have really kicked on. I am excited to see what the current crop will do, if the likes of Kean, Iwobi and Gamin can improve as lots of last years signings did we will be in a very strong position.

I think people have to be realistic. We are not going to have the consistency akin to title winning form (i.e. 85+ points) that quickly. We will lose some games, as long as we win more that is good.

Like last season the best will be seen after Christmas. Whats going to be critical is avoiding the massive drop off in the middle of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.