2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't rise to it. There can be no criticism of MS or Everton, ever.
I'm not actually criticising Silva here as it happens (or at least I'm not going out of my way to) because I can appreciate the job he has isn't an easy one.

He does need time - but as I've said before the jury is still definately out on whether he'll ever make a top manager or not and already alarm bells have been ringing on more than one occassion I'd say.

Well this is an Everton forum like.

I mean surely its not strange that Everton fans would, you know, support Everton and its Manager?

We’ve got an entire season of moaning about losing to Villa to contend with. Doesn’t matter where we finish, or what other results we pick up along the way.

Horrible, horrible, horrible toxic fanbase.

Except he doesn’t though does he, or he’d have beaten Everton and West Ham last season.
They've won their last 14 Prem games on the bounce mate (couple of those against top 6 oppo) essentially picking up maximum points in every game since the Goodison derby yonks ago. Point still stands.

We’ve got an entire season of moaning about losing to Villa to contend with. Doesn’t matter where we finish, or what other results we pick up along the way.

Horrible, horrible, horrible toxic fanbase.

That`s just for starters.

Don`t forget the cup against Sheff Weds.

Lose that and the bonfires will be burning.

Well this is an Everton forum like.

I mean surely its not strange that Everton fans would, you know, support Everton and its Manager?

Support, yes. Always support.

But, you can't have a discussion about anything if anything resembling criticism is met with irrational, defensive, aggression.

You’ve just essentially said it’s easy to beat every single team worse than you in every single game against them you terrible multi. We’ve won a game and you haven’t stopped moaning about the Villa game for two days.

1. Didn't say that.
2. Not a multi.
3. Haven't mentioned the Villa game.

They've won their last 14 Prem games on the bounce mate (couple of those against top 6 oppo) essentially picking up maximum points in every game since the Goodison derby yonks ago. Point still stands.

The team that won the league last year lost to Newcastle, Crystal Palace and Leicester. Yet you think EVERTON have a divine right to sweep all of those and others aside without a fuss. How long have you been watching football for?

Don`t forget the cup against Sheff Weds.

Lose that and the bonfires will be burning.

You say that like it's outrageous that fans should be upset about that?

One of our key targets this season is a cup run, possibly some silverware.

To go out to a lower league team in an early round of half the things we could win this year would be disastrous.

And it would (and should) be considered a total abject failure on Silva's part IF that were to happen.

Support, yes. Always support.

But, you can't have a discussion about anything if anything resembling criticism is met with irrational, defensive, aggression.

1. Didn't say that.
2. Not a multi.
3. Haven't mentioned the Villa game.

I think Silva is a bum dosser myself.

I have major doubts he will do anything worthwhile.

But I see no reason to constantly state that and as I say I think hes doing a decent enough job, im only going to judge him on the job he does for us. Some people cant do that, they have made their mind up and nothing will change that. I mean everybody has their views and nobody will ever change them and this would be 1 boring forum if we all sang the same song.

The team that won the league last year lost to Newcastle, Crystal Palace and Leicester. Yet you think EVERTON have a divine right to sweep all of those and others aside without a fuss. How long have you been watching football for?
Indeed.. but I'm not using City & Pep for reference here, am I?

They may have won the league (and generally play the better footy) but it's Liverpool who've been more consistent in their 'expected' results for ages now so that's why I'm using them as the example. I mean.. City have dropped points already.

Status
Not open for further replies.