2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not how it works though is it?

We wanted to do more than stay in the league and hired a bloke who had just taken Hull down and lost half of the 26 games he had at Watford, winning just eight.

OK, we want to break the top four, so we need to hire a manager who's upset the established order and broke the top four / top six in the past? What's Moyes, O'Leary, Keegan, Dalglish, Burley, Souness, Bobby Robson or Harry Redknapp up to these days?

Eddie Howe is a manager who has shown progression and improvement at Bournemouth across a number of years, playing attacking and expansive Football.

I reckon he's a certainty for Spurs if / when Poch goes. Vault me.

And for me hes just like Moyes.

A manager thats able to take a team to a certain point, but lacks that something extra to take it any further.

I didnt want Silva, but hes here now and doing a decent enough job, I would certainly prefer him over Eddie Howe.

Lets be honest- for all the teeth gnashing of "MORINO IS A CHECK BOOK MANAGER" what exactly is Silva? Approx £200 million spent in 2 transfer window.

People carry on like he's done a Davy Moyes bringing in players for buttons.
That's not a cheque book manager and we needed to overhaul the absolute mess left behind by Koeman and Walsh.
This was BFS's last game team line up against West Ham, Look at the state of that compared to now.

A manager thats able to take a team to a certain point, but lacks that something extra to take it any further.

I didnt want Silva, but hes here now and doing a decent enough job, I would certainly prefer him over Eddie Howe.

its high spending Howe v Mediocre Marco this week

howd you see this going Goat?

That's essentially what the reds are doing right now and have been for a while. The only team capable of beating them over the last 12-18 months (domestically, at least) is City. They beat everyone else consistantly simply because they are better and that's really the bottom line.

As much as it pains me to say it, we should be looking to replicate them.

Wow, mate that is completely unrealistic and an unfair expectation to place on our manager. We are nowhere near their level and won’t be for a long time, they have some of the very best players on the planet playing for them.

Ludicrous expectations like this are the reason such a toxic and poisonous atmosphere still lurks around places like this and Goodison on a match day.

Wow, mate that is completely unrealistic and an unfair expectation to place on our manager. We are nowhere near their level and won’t be for a long time, they have some of the very best players on the planet playing for them.

Ludicrous expectations like this are the reason such a toxic and poisonous atmosphere still lurks around places like this and Goodison on a match day.
I'm not saying we should be beating everyone like they are mate as obviously that's daft as things stand... but what I would say is that I reckon we have the quality to beat at least a third of the teams in this league handily - probably even over half of them at home. A handful of those should be a maximum 6 points over a season no questions asked.

Simply put - we need to be consistantly beating teams and gaining maximum points where we're expected to, otherwise we're effectively throwing them away.

I'm not saying we should be beating everyone like they are mate as obviously that's daft as things stand... but what I would say is that I reckon we have the quality to beat at least a third of the teams in this league handily - probably even over half of them at home. A handful of those should be a maximum 6 points over a season no questions asked.

Simply put - we need to be consistantly beating teams and gaining maximum points where we're expected to, otherwise we're effectively throwing them away.

Any team in any league in the world could say this tho. It's not that simple to actually do it

Any team in any league in the world could say this tho. It's not that simple to actually do it
Whilst it isn't 'simple' I'm saying that it's possible - and I've just used the reds as a good example of this.

They've been absolutely flying for a while now because they just beat everything infront of them and they do it because they know they are better and simply get the job done with minimal fuss. What's stopping us from doing the same against the Villa's and Fulham's of the world, for example?

Again, always seems to comes down to a combination of coaching & mentallity with Everton. Why are we incapable of getting people in to sort this out?

Whilst it isn't simple, I'm saying that it's possible - and I've just used the reds as a good example of this..

They've been absolutely flying for a while now because they just beat everything infront of them and they do it because they know they are better. What's stopping us from doing the same against the Villa's and Palace's, for example?

Again, always seems to comes down to mentallity with Everton. Why are we incapable of getting people in to sort this out?

They are the exception rather than the rule tho.

We will win some games that we're not 'expected' to win this season and we will drop more points in games we are 'expected' to win.

Same way United, Spurs, Chelsea have all dropped points at home this season against teams who will most probably finish in the bottom half of the league

Fine to disagree. Not sure why it's such a laughable suggestion though. Like I said, time will tell. I firmly believe he's a Spurs, United or Arsenal manager in waiting. More likely a Spurs manager. I know he was a Liverpool manager but for me, Howe has followed (and probably will follow) a very similar path to Rodgers.

Fine to disagree. Not sure why it's such a laughable suggestion though. Like I said, time will tell. I firmly believe he's a Spurs, United or Arsenal manager in waiting. More likely a Spurs manager. I know he was a Liverpool manager but for me, Howe has followed (and probably will follow) a very similar path to Rodgers.

David Moyes was Manchester United manager.

Im not saying Howe is a bad manager, hes just got nothing on his CV to suggest he can ever become a trophy-winning manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.