2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it? Even Wilder said it was the worst they've played and they beat us comfortably beat us 2-0, That result is almost Milwall tier for me. It was embarrassing all around. Sheff United performing better than expected doesn't change it for me.
But we're not talking about the performance, which we agree was dire. We're talking about the result, which in hindsight isn't quite as embarrassingly bad as I thought it was at the time. I'm not sure it's really fair to discount sides who should be good but aren't looking it at the moment but not give credit to sides who are better than we thought. Also worth pointing out that there's nothing to suggest United and Arsenal are going to be any better than Spurs or Wolves.

But we're not talking about the performance, which we agree was dire. We're talking about the result, which in hindsight isn't quite as embarrassingly bad as I thought it was at the time. I'm not sure it's really fair to discount sides who should be good but aren't looking it at the moment but not give credit to sides who are better than we thought. Also worth pointing out that there's nothing to suggest United and Arsenal are going to be any better than Spurs or Wolves.
Why do you not think it's embarrassingly bad, Because they're 5th? Not lost an away as you said or performing better than expectations? It's hard not to mention the performance and just focus on the result because the performance is a big factor when you consider they had 1 shot on target and we lost 2-0 that is a major reason why the result is embarrassing for me.

Why do you not think it's embarrassingly bad, Because they're 5th? Not lost an away as you said or performing better than expectations? It's hard not to mention the performance and just focus on the result because the performance is a big factor when you consider they had 1 shot on target and we lost 2-0 that is a major reason why the result is embarrassing for me.
The one shot on target two goals thing is a funny thing to mock a team with for a quick laugh, but it's not really indicative of anything is it? We scored an own goal, it happens.

I don't think it's embarrassingly bad because their other results have been good. At the time I thought it was 3 points that every other decent side would take, and we'd dropped a massive clanger. In hindsight though, I was wrong. They've played 6 games since and only lost once, a pretty unlucky defeat to a team that feels like it hasn't lost for about 15 years. I've watched them a few times now and they're a genuinely good side, I was doing them a disservice thinking we should have just rolled them over.

The one shot on target two goals thing is a funny thing to mock a team with for a quick laugh, but it's not really indicative of anything is it? We scored an own goal, it happens.

I don't think it's embarrassingly bad because their other results have been good. At the time I thought it was 3 points that every other decent side would take, and we'd dropped a massive clanger. In hindsight though, I was wrong. They've played 6 games since and only lost once, a pretty unlucky defeat to a team that feels like it hasn't lost for about 15 years. I've watched them a few times now and they're a genuinely good side, I was doing them a disservice thinking we should have just rolled them over.
fair enough.

Stats, if and buts are meaningless in reality.
We can make up as many excuses as we want, most other teams can probably use similiar reasons to us.
I prefer to deal in facts, we’ve had probably the easiest opening run of the season than every other team and we are not far off the bottom.
Have we played great football but had a few unlucky results, no.
On the whole we’ve been average, I would get rid now but the club will probably give him to Christmas/new year and assess it then.

They haven’t sacked him for losing to poor teams so they are not gonna sack him for losing to the top 6 teams, that makes no sense.

Stats, if and buts are meaningless in reality.
We can make up as many excuses as we want, most other teams can probably use similiar reasons to us.
I prefer to deal in facts, we’ve had probably the easiest opening run of the season than every other team and we are not far off the bottom.
Have we played great football but had a few unlucky results, no.
On the whole we’ve been average, I would get rid now but the club will probably give him to Christmas/new year and assess it then.

They haven’t sacked him for losing to poor teams so they are not gonna sack him for losing to the top 6 teams, that makes no sense.
Statistics are facts, you can disagree with the conclusions extrapolated from them but you can’t disregard them as non- factual.
We are currently 6 points clear of 18th and just 3 points shy of 5th which is a decent position to be in for mid November,

Statistics are facts, you can disagree with the conclusions extrapolated from them but you can’t disregard them as non- factual.
We are currently 6 points clear of 18th and just 3 points shy of 5th which is a decent position to be in for mid November,
How being 15th is decent?

Can you elaborate?
After 12 games of the season, we are 15th in the league despite playing 8 of our games against last year's bottom half or newly promoted teams. Recently we've lost 5 of our last 8 games.

There's very little to cling to in terms of improving from last season, so the idea that we should trust in some "process" because our expected goals tally is looking good seems like absolute nonsense to me.

We're also going into a period of playing 4 of last year's top 5 and one of the league's form teams in Leicester. So can't really see the cause for optimism.

Status
Not open for further replies.