2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said ,3 points of 5th, do you not think that is reasonable for mid November?

I am reasonably ok with how he has changed the formations, granted, was kinda forced to, seems to be getting a tune out of Davis, and in general, how we are playing. That said, I only watch us on telly or the highlights on here, and rarely when we lose!

I am reasonably ok with how he has changed the formations, granted, was kinda forced to, seems to be getting a tune out of Davis, and in general, how we are playing. That said, I only watch us on telly or the highlights on here, and rarely when we lose!
If you don't watch us when we lose you (1) won't have seen much of us this season, and (2) probably aren't getting a great picture of how things are going

If you don't watch us when we lose you (1) won't have seen much of us this season, and (2) probably aren't getting a great picture of how things are going

I pick up that folk are not happy, but as I hardly ever see us live, I can only go on what is on TV.

Wider point remains though is that we have been robbed of 5 points thanks to VAR.

We've played much better in the 5 games since the last internationals. But we still are struggling to turn pressure into goals.

To be more consistent we need to get better in both boxes. Clean sheets aren't coming often enough to help out our lack of goals.

I still would have preferred Silva to have gone. But he did enough to buy himself time so we'll need to reassess after Christmas.

It's certainly gotten better and we can probably forget about replacing a manager mid season with some utter guff dinosaur manager but I still don't think he has what it takes to take us to the next step.

Not when we should be at least 10 points better off, given the fixtures we've had. The fact we're just 3 points off 5th is down to how poor the majority of the teams have been.
The 3 points of 5th thing is a bit of a myth anyway. It does'nt account for any of the results for the teams between 5th and 15th, some who already have more points than us, also we have a -5 goal difference. If we get a win against Norwich i think we will end up about 9/10th

Not when we should be at least 10 points better off, given the fixtures we've had. The fact we're just 3 points off 5th is down to how poor the majority of the teams have been.
Why ‘should’ we be 10 points better off?
We have the points we deserve and are in the position commensurate to that points total.
Now while 15th is disappointing ,when viewed in the context of the points totals of the teams around us, it is reasonable. We have a 6 point gap between ourselves and the bottom 3 and , more importantly for me , are only 3points off 5th which puts us well in the mix for winning European football.
Throw in the league cup quarters as well and I think we’re in an acceptable position for mid November.
I’m not suggesting everything is rosy , but it isn’t anywhere near as grim as some would have it.
Certainly not sack the manager grim anyway.

The 3 points of 5th thing is a bit of a myth anyway. It does'nt account for any of the results for the teams between 5th and 15th, some who already have more points than us, also we have a -5 goal difference. If we get a win against Norwich i think we will end up about 9/10th
Well it's not a myth is it? Because, you know, we're literally 3 points off 5th. It's pretty much the exact opposite of a myth when you think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.