2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
How are we going this year?

It’s all about now and unfortunately now we are poor, with a poor defensive record and can’t score
In fairness we have lost Zouma and Gana out of that defensive unit, and Kean has once again been exposed as a less than ideal player.
We have also been without Gbamin and Delph has proved predictably unreliable fitness wise.
Silva has in effect been tasked with rebuilding the defence he had performing so effectively at the end of last season.
However with the emergence of Holgate alongside Mina , I believe he will continue to improve that aspect of our game as the season progresses.

In fairness we have lost Zouma and Gana out of that defensive unit, and Kean has once again been exposed as a less than ideal player.
We have also been without Gbamin and Delph has proved predictably unreliable fitness wise.
Silva has in effect been tasked with rebuilding the defence he had performing so effectively at the end of last season.
However with the emergence of Holgate alongside Mina , I believe he will continue to improve that aspect of our game as the season progresses.

Love your optimism mate, but this guy will emulate Moyes worst season with a 17th finish, and it could be worse.

I actually thought this was going to be a huge opportunity for us to break the top four stranglehold, how disappointed am I, just like everyone else.

Reinvented who????????
Took a Wigan side down that loads of utter tosh managers had managed to keep up
Finished 5th, when even David Moyes managed 4th
Finished 3rd with Belgium

Oh yeah Dave thats the record of a top, top, top manager.

lollollollollol
I accept your surrender.

There are some mitigating factors for him - injuries, bad decisions, the general poor standard of the league which see us level on points with Spurs.

With that and the recent wins / League Cup QF he is safe for now. But still only one defeat away from a crisis.

Overall I still hope he can pull through but I have lost my faith in him.

I think his time here, whatever remains of it will be a series of bobbing and weaving where we don't progress much if at all. The odd ok result here and there.

Such is the collective lowering of expectations that he doesn't have to do very much to keep himself in the job, that is the irony.

If he can pull through this difficult period ahead with some good results, then fair play to him.

But overall, and even with mitigating circumstances, he is just an average manager doing an average job.

Best case scenario now is that he gets us through this season and leaves in the summer. I would still rather that that is the case moreso because of who they might get in to replace him, rather than anything else.

Difficult to tell from highlights, but did anyone else think he seemed more animated on the touchline? When the camera panned to him he seemed less passive than he has in recent weeks. Like I said, it could just be what a particular editor chooses to include, but maybe either his mindset has changed, or someone has had a word and said that a bit more passion wouldn't go amiss, for both team and supporters alike?

I've flip flopped a little bit on weather I'm Silva out or not, right now I'm leaning towards Silva in ether so slightly.

If we beat Norwich at home, 17 points gives us enough points to take on Decembers games without crippling pressure, If we pick up a win and an odd draw from that run we are Mid Table at Christmas and could kick on to challenge top 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.