2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't mention whether I thought our club was still big. I'm also more concerned about the fixture list than the endless 'are we still a big club debate'

Its not really a debate and i never meant it to be. But i hate this when "we play the big clubs" thing.
They're no bigger than us. Just better run right now.

I said crap mid table clubs have started appointing higher rated names like the 3 you mention rather than the usual dossers like Curbishley, Pardew, Alladyce etc.

I know we hired Alladyce but atleast we went for someone semi decent at the time in Koeman.

I wouldnt even want Rodgers as I dont think his style suits or neither would Pellegrini although both are better than the current clown certainly Rodgers.

We need a hard nose manager who plays no nonsense football - Mourinho, Allegri, Mancini, Biesla are my boys.

Ten Hag/Rose as left field options.

No to Arteta/Howe

Agreed. The ultimate would be Simeone, but will never happen. We need to be blood & thunder like the 80's. It's what gets the crowd going - Dogs of War but will talent. Imagine Simeone and Diego Costa upfront - thats what I was dreaming of before we got Koeman!

Chelsea were not they are now.Arsenal are a much bigger club than us.

Well then its just someones opinion on how you judge that. Arsenal havent won that more many titles than everton over the course of both clubs history. 9 versus 13. When i was growing up arsenal were nothing special. 70s and 80s did very little. They are not a much bigger club than Everton and its sad to see Evertonians even say that.
I never like to say it as its a bit cringe but i am going to say it that football never started when sky bought it. Chelsea are not a bigger club. They have just been more successful with the russians money over the past 10-15 years. I certainly dont class them as a bigger club just because of that.

Well then its just someones opinion on how you judge that. Arsenal havent won that more many titles than everton over the course of both clubs history. 9 versus 13. When i was growing up arsenal were nothing special. 70s and 80s did very little. They are not a much bigger club than Everton and its sad to see Evertonians even say that.
I never like to say it as its a bit cringe but i am going to say it that football never started when sky bought it. Chelsea are not a bigger club. They have just been more successful with the russians money over the past 10-15 years. I certainly dont class them as a bigger club just because of that.
It's not sad it's a fact.Look at us then look and Arsenal we have had a few years in the eighties of any note in recent history even when we won the league in 1970 then won the double the year later and then the 90s won the league 2/3 times the fa cup 2/3 times then went on and won leagues and fa cups again they are a bigger team.

It's not sad it's a fact.Look at us then look and Arsenal we have had a few years in the eighties of any note in recent history even when we won the league in 1970 then won the double the year later and then the 90s won the league 2/3 times the fa cup 2/3 times then went on and won leagues and fa cups again they are a bigger team.

Yeah you have jumped from the early 70s to the 90s for arsenal there. Football can go in cycles. But this is a no win one. I dont class them as a much bigger club. I went every home and away games v arsenal for years when i was younger and we certainly were not playing against a much bigger club. Many of those games they were dross. That whole club changed under wenger granted.
The fixture list coming up in december is not full of everton playing bigger clubs. I stand by that.

Yeah you have jumped from the early 70s to the 90s for arsenal there. Football can go in cycles. But this is a no win one. I dont class them as a much bigger club. I went every home and away games v arsenal for years when i was younger and we certainly were not playing against a much bigger club. Many of those games they were dross. That whole club changed under wenger granted.
The fixture list coming up in december is not full of everton playing bigger clubs. I stand by that.
I didn't skip mate I said in previous post apart from a few years in the eighties when we won things, but overall Arsenal have won much more.

Status
Not open for further replies.