2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton manager Marco Silva, speaking to MOTD: "It [the win] was really important for us. We deserved the three points. We were the best team on the pitch. The first half was really good but we should kill the game. Southampton reacted and scored but to show again the character to go back and win game was good.

"We are learning. We should have been better away. Our quality has to come away but it is good for us to win today and we hope the next games away we can be strong as well.

"All of us inside the club want to be in a different position but you have to look for a different picture. In all the games it is difficult to find one team who is better than ourselves. Pressure - never. It is a privilege to be at Everton Football Club. Many things have come against us but we will keep fighting.

"The three points are not just Andre [Gomes] - they are for Andre and for Jean-Philippe Gbamin. We already had two players need surgeries [this season]. Andre is at home and he will be really happy. He text me before the match and supported our team. He will be always with us in our thoughts and we are supporting him as well."

------------------------
Marco Silva on first away win since March: "We should've taken the points 15 days ago - it wasn't our fault we lost against Brighton. But we are really happy we won the game. We were the best team on the pitch." Congratulations to our players and fans as well. They deserved it.

-----------------------
MS on scrutiny over his future: Maybe if you talked more about the football and less about the pressure it would be different. For me football is a privilege. Being manager of Everton is a privilege.

His comment about the Brighton game is concerning, the penalty that wasn’t , made it 2-2 with time to roll the sleeves up and win, instead they did and won. I’d like that decision to have made us angry and go for the win , instead we feel sorry for ourselves and it’s another game lost.

I’m not saying it wouldn’t frustrate someone but the real test of character is when things go wrong particularly that awful decision.

Im overjoyed that we won.

Next week I will hoping we do the same, as I said earlier mate, im VERY easily pleased and as I keep saying, im terrified about who comes in next.

I dont think Silva is the right man for the job, but I do like the way he tries to make us play. Would hate to surrender and get another Anti-football fella in like Big Sam or Moyes. So im hoping that Silva can keep hold of the job for now.
Fair play mate. I like Silva as a bloke and have been happy to give him a season or 2 but I have run out of patience. In modern day football, that's an adequate amount of time. He should be getting a tune out of this squad,regardless of injuries and VAR. No one has had a more favourable start than we have and yet teams like Brighton, Bournemouth and Aston Villa are higher up in the table. I don't want another desperate appointment and if Silva goes on a miraculous winning streak over the next few games and proves me wrong then I will be happy to eat humble pie.

Of course mate.

Ive hinted at mitigation for Silva this season, the injuries, VAR, but even with all that, we should have done better in most games we have played, its not been good enough at all.

Enjoy while you can mate, disaster is waiting to happen when you see that coward in midfield every week. Today is Southampton, we might get away, but not for long. The person who keeps him in the team has a lot to answer.

Enjoy while you can mate, disaster is waiting to happen when you see that coward in midfield every week. Today is Southampton, we might get away, but not for long. The person who keeps him in the team has a lot to answer.

I know others will disagree, but he really doesnt have many other options at this time.

Perspective required on here tonight - okay rejoice we won, but I remember a similar moment when we hammered Burnley boxing day last year - normal service was resumed pretty quickly and continued well into March.
I agree.
Defeat today would have seen us in the bottom three but one good result doesn't mean Silva is the man for the job.
He's spent many weeks proving he's not the right man for the job.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

I know others will disagree, but he really doesnt have many other options at this time.

That’s just a convenient excuse. Anyone that step in and offer more tenacity and desire will improves us much more than you’d imagine.

Benni offers that, siggy dropping deeper offers that. There is really no excuse in keeping faith with someone so passive.

Holgate and Davies step in and offer us something, maybe we should give benni a chance?

That’s just a convenient excuse. Anyone that step in and offer more tenacity and desire will improves us much more than you’d imagine.

Benni offers that, siggy dropping deeper offers that. There is really no excuse in keeping faith with someone so passive.

Holgate and Davies step in and offer us something, maybe we should give benni a chance?

Another convenient excuse is that I dont see them in training, so I cant possibly comment on Beni mate.

I mean he hasnt even played proper footy for the last 2 years, its so easy to say hes a better option than Snides, im not convinced he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.