2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want us to win on Saturday.
Ultimately we should win or draw on Saturday, but regardless this manager will not take us where we need to be. That said, not one of us would be surprised with yet another defeat. He needs to go as soon as possible. If a defeat is the only way he'll get sacked, then I want a West Ham victory. Never wanted or liked him and desperately want to regain my love for Everton.

Ultimately we should win or draw on Saturday, but regardless this manager will not take us where we need to be. That said, not one of us would be surprised with yet another defeat. He needs to go as soon as possible. If a defeat is the only way he'll get sacked, then I want a West Ham victory. Never wanted or liked him and desperately want to regain my love for Everton.

I'm spending £200 to travel and watch the game.

I want us to win.

You know what would make him look even more clueless? If he kept Silva after 5 league defeats in a row. What a rubbish post, there is immense pressure on this game.

No way he's sacking him when he's kept him on after 4 defeats through an international break.

What idiot would do that, going into a run of games ?

Actually your right Moshiri really IS that idiot isn't he!

Not strong enough at the back in terms of personnel with a manager who lacks defensive nous is a recipe for mediocrity at best, because even if the results start improving, it's hardly a top 4 push is it?

Silva's rep was pretty much based on attacking football and as soon as he failed to strengthen at the back and in defensive midfield in preparation for this season, in fact weakening it, it showed that blind spot he has.

Without that foundation you can't build a strong team unity and morale because the more goals that go in at the wrong end the more no-one has any confidence.

I can't see that doing anything but getting worse.

Everton have been swimming like mad just to try and stay around 6th for years. Even when they spend it just pays for them to hover around 6th. But if at the quarter season mark you're in the bottom three, you know the rest of the season is just an uphill struggle to try and get back to 6th.

There was an odd decent defensive display but I haven't researched why that was. I don't credit Silva for that though.

I might be wrong about all this it's just what it looks like to me.

I am not one of those who prefers the idea of not giving a manager time and sacking them after a few bad results because I also believe teams don't develop without some kind of consistency but this is not how this season was meant to go and I am struggling to see how Silva will turn it round.

My only problem with the question of Silva getting sacked is - who do you replace him with?

Maybe it is time for a new thread asking that question - or is it to soon to make such an overt statement that everyone expects him to go?

Would that be undermining to the concept of supporting the club?

I got the impression that must be why there isn't already a thread here with that as the subject.

The most Uninspiring manager for Everton i've ever seen. Never looks happy at all and that can only come across on the players too!

Lucky to still be in a job.

Yes Matty1878 but Moyes was on the touchline shouting obscenities and rallying the players to do better, trying to energise them at least. Silva just stands there looking glum and being a mute!

He has no character AT ALL. So how he expects the players to have it is beyond me!

The most Uninspiring manager for Everton i've ever seen. Never looks happy at all and that can only come across on the players too!

Lucky to still be in a job.

By all accounts the players like him.

He seems like a good coach to me, one who can develop a player working 1 on 1, but working as a manager of 11 in high pressure situations has shown he's not up for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.