2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn’t he turn things around the last time we had a two week break and had been on that terrible run? Trying to imagine him doing it again is pretty tricky though tbh

I've read a lot of this thread over the last few days and can only conclude it's time to go for him.
I accept all the arguments for the point that we can't just keep sacking managers but not only is he not making any progress, Marco is taking us backwards.
He consistently gets match tactics spectacularly wrong and has very little ability to influence a game with substitutions.
He still doesn't seem to know his best eleven and he rarely gets the best out of his players, most of whom are very talented internationals.
Whether or not he gets three good results over the next two weeks, I've seen enough to know that he isn't the man for us.
Please, please prove me wrong Marco; I'm happy to be totally wide of the mark with this post.

My.worry who will replace silva? We cant poach a manager from a team after the watford saga. The likes of howe and wilder wont leave their clubs right now.

If jose wanted the job then silva would already be sacked.

I've read a lot of this thread over the last few days and can only conclude it's time to go for him.
I accept all the arguments for the point that we can't just keep sacking managers but not only is he not making any progress, Marco is taking us backwards.
He consistently gets match tactics spectacularly wrong and has very little ability to influence a game with substitutions.
He still doesn't seem to know his best eleven and he rarely gets the best out of his players, most of whom are very talented internationals.
Whether or not he gets three good results over the next two weeks, I've seen enough to know that he isn't the man for us.
Please, please prove me wrong Marco; I'm happy to be totally wide of the mark with this post.

To prove us wrong he needs to go on a very long unbeaten/only beaten by bigger sides run and have us comfortably in the top 8, but I can't see it happening andif it did, my fear is a slump is always around the corner, it seems to be his m.o.

I have heard training is intense, I'm wondering if they are over training and are sapped for saturday, I agree I am clutching at straws.

My.worry who will replace silva? We cant poach a manager from a team after the watford saga. The likes of howe and wilder wont leave their clubs right now.

If jose wanted the job then silva would already be sacked.

Leave that to people who are in a position to actually open talks with someone. We have no clue what is going on behind the scenes and no offence just because you as a fan can't find an answer, doesn't mean an answer isn't out there.

Leave that to people who are in a position to actually open talks with someone. We have no clue what is going on behind the scenes and no offence just because you as a fan can't find an answer, doesn't mean an answer isn't out there.

And you trust them to do the right appointment, the last 3 have been wrong.

And you trust them to do the right appointment, the last 3 have been wrong.

That's a different debate but speaking for myself, I'm not knowledgeable enough about managers outside of the Prem to offer a suggestion, I have to accept the fact that we have football men making these decisions and like any decision or managerial appointment, there is no guarantees.

I think that with enough money on the table and his own motivation to succeed, Jose would come to Goodison and would be welcomed with open arms.
I'm not a fan of him to be honest but I think he would do a fantastic job for us.

That's a different debate but speaking for myself, I'm not knowledgeable enough about managers outside of the Prem to offer a suggestion, I have to accept the fact that we have football men making these decisions and like any decision or managerial appointment, there is no guarantees.

The issue is Moshi wanted Silva badly for some weird reason and he wont want to sack him yet. We are going through managers like eating sweets.

I think that with enough money on the table and his own motivation to succeed, Jose would come to Goodison and would be welcomed with open arms.
I'm not a fan of him to be honest but I think he would do a fantastic job for us.

The board will already know if Jose is keen and if he was, Silva would already be sacked which means Jose not interested.

What saddens me about this is our fans realise our stock is so low at the moment that they don't think a top manager would come to one of the biggest(if not elite) clubs in world football, despite him burning his bridges at all the clubs above us.

Sad times when one of the biggest teams in the England don't think they are big enough for a manager who wins stuff. Sad sad sad times.

What saddens me about this is our fans realise our stock is so low at the moment that they don't think a top manager would come to one of the biggest(if not elite) clubs in world football, despite him burning his bridges at all the clubs above us.

Sad times when one of the biggest teams in the England don't think they are big enough for a manager who wins stuff. Sad sad sad times.

It's called being realistic not sad. Jose and top managers do well as they pick clubs who can buy anyone so keeps their stock high.

It's called being realistic not sad. Jose and top managers do well as they pick clubs who can buy anyone so keeps their stock high.

Not realistic? You honeslty really truly believe that £££££ wouldn't tempt a top manager? It's called having ambition. You think we we, us Everton, one of the most succesful clubs in the country, albeit having barren times, can't attract a top manager, I'd say that is very sad indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.