2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not holding it against him. I don't think he'd be a good fit here personally, but the point was more that the idea that he guarantees success is slightly skewed by the fact that he tends to manage sides who usually win things anyway. He might genuinely be some sort of force of nature who just wins things wherever he is, but he might also just be well suited to the sort of 'marginal gains' projects where he can just come in and spend a load of money to make a side slightly better than they already were. I don't buy the idea that making him our manager would mean we'd definitely win stuff, which is what some people are proposing.

I do think he is an exceptional manager to be fair, it's no coincidence he's won trophies at every single club regardless of if they were good already, some managers go to great clubs can't hack it and make them far worse ( ie moyes for example )

you're right he might not be a good fit as it's a completely different ball game managing us over some of the teams he has managed but you're taking a gamble on a world class manager adjusting his style rather than taking a gamble on say another silva who's done alrite at teams but never shown anything special

it would take more than mourinho to make us start winning trophies though I can agree on that, the club is rotten with mediocrity

I would like a Manager in charge that doesn't just react and make it up as they go, can motivate and bring the best out of players, be passionate about Everton on and off the field and not act like Ambassador Zarek, has game plans and styles but is not pig-headed and will adapt as and when necessary and who can talk decent enough English to be able to not just understand him but actually want to listen to what he has to say.

I.e not Silva.

;)

I also reckon Jose would be a great man manager to this group of players - I feel when he isnt working with premadonna's like Pogba and Rom he's the type to get behind the side and instill an us against them mentality.

Thats exactly what we need right now - he would have Mina a monster at the back.

this group of half failed at top teams players, would love to be managed by Mourinho, barring sniderfraud who Mourinho saw straight through before selling him to us.

Fans wouldn’t need to panic if the players could be trusted to perform. They can’t though. That’s why fans get nervous when easy fixtures cause problems because they know that these players do not perform away from home and cannot win against top teams away from home. When they start losing to newly promoted sides at home then alarm bells start ringing. It’s up to the manager and players to change that. The fans have been criticised enough recently by managers, fans and the media but we pack out away sections up and down the country and have started giving the players bear pit welcomes for every single home game. How is it the fans fault if the players can’t peform even with all that?
Not trying to have a go at fans in the stands specifically, sorry if it seems that way. I just think as a fan base generally we give into negativity quite easily.

Other clubs around/above us are still playing erratic enough that this could just be a blip.

Status
Not open for further replies.