2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, We've completely lost it since Moyes left, Money has somehow made this club worse when it was all what we craved under Moyes.
We have no fight no grit, Some of Moyes games against the top 4 wasn't nice but I knew on our day we could battle battle battle battle and we've completely lost it since he's gone.
I just don't know anymore with this club when things start looking up we somehow go 100mph into the darkness for no reason.
Under Moyes we had organisation and grit we had shed loads of it, we lacked quality but still put up a good fight even if we lost.

We now have the exact opposite

We must of had over 300m of talent on the pitch against Sheffield United and they played like it was the first time they had played with each other.

No one wants to admit it, but Moyes is worth a shout here

I also reckon Jose would be a great man manager to this group of players - I feel when he isnt working with premadonna's like Pogba and Rom he's the type to get behind the side and instill an us against them mentality.

Thats exactly what we need right now - he would have Mina a monster at the back.

I also reckon Jose would be a great man manager to this group of players - I feel when he isnt working with premadonna's like Pogba and Rom he's the type to get behind the side and instill an us against them mentality.

Thats exactly what we need right now - he would have Mina a monster at the back.

Are you trying to tell me that our players aren’t prima donnas? Every single professional footballer in the world is one of those nowadays.

I have a feeling Brands would go for someone like Ten Hag or Cocu over Mourinho sadly.

I realise this will seem depressing for many but I think Ten Hag is in a position right now where it makes no sense to him to come to Everton even if the club wanted him. Risking his reputation when Pete Bosz got the Dortmund job for doing a lot less than Ten Hag. De Boer got the Inter job despite doing nothing in Europe for Ajax. As long as no disaster occurs for him at Ajax, I think he'll be on the shortlist for Champions League sides. Another good season at Ajax and another underwhelming European exit for Bayern under Kovac and I could see him there next season tbh.

Even with their buddy buddy relationship, I don't think even Brands could defend hiring Cocu now after his early struggles at Derby.

Don't think Jose takes a job where a league title looks almost impossible. If he wants a project, Real are in a nice spot for him if Zidane goes. Not that good right now but with a good window or two, can probably be back to competing on all fronts.

So yeah, I couldn't see any of these 3 in charge. Then again, from who's on the market right now, I legit have no idea who Everton will look at. And of course this all presumes Silva is gone soon, which I don't think is nearly as nailed on as some seem to think, for better or worse.

Are you trying to tell me that our players aren’t prima donnas? Every single professional footballer in the world is one of those nowadays.

I would say compared to Utds dressing room ours are more professional - they just lack backbone and fight however thats been the case long before Silva.

I've always said some clubs suit certain managers/styles - Liverpool and Klopp go well together - the over the top antics, the reliance on pace, power and a quality strikeforce suits them to the ground.

For me we are more gritty but in your face, managers like Martinez and Silva were always doomed to fail as they dont buy into that fight mentality that should be around the club and certainly comes from the stands imo.

A Mourinho/Simeone type for me fits this club like a glove and its why Moyes imo was relatively successful here despite not being the greatest of managers because he knew how to tap in to that energy and built his side to fight and get stuck in sprinkled with bits of quality like Arteta and Pienaar.

I would say compared to Utds dressing room ours are more professional - they just lack backbone and fight however thats been the case long before Silva.

I've always said some clubs suit certain managers/styles - Liverpool and Klopp go well together - the over the top antics, the reliance on pace, power and a quality strikeforce suits them to the ground.

For me we are more gritty but in your face, managers like Martinez and Silva were always doomed to fail as they dont buy into that fight mentality that should be around the club and certainly comes from the stands imo.

A Mourinho/Simeone type for me fits this club like a glove and its why Moyes imo was relatively successful here despite not being the greatest of managers because he knew how to tap in to that energy and built his side to fight and get stuck in sprinkled with bits of quality like Arteta and Pienaar.

Personally I think Mourinho is the worst “fit” imaginable for this club. Funnily enough a Klopp type would fit us absolutely perfectly, and Mourinho couldn’t be more polar opposite to him. Do you really think the likes of Richarlison and Pickford wouldn’t get a major cob on with Mourinho publicly slating them in press conferences?

A perfect fit for Mourinho would be the cold, soulless mega-clubs of the world like Real Madrid, Man Utd or PSG. Because he is cold and soulless, and doesn’t care who he upsets or offends whether it be players or fans, and they don’t care about ruthlessly sacking someone either. He is not coming near Everton in a billion trillion years.

Its hard to say really, it would have to be a player whos been here for a while, under every manager since Moyes.

No idea personally.

Leighton-Baines-Everton-Premier-League_3103770.jpg

@davek
Leighton-Baines-Everton-Premier-League_3103770.jpg
Xf5dIT2u_400x400.jpg

Personally I think Mourinho is the worst “fit” imaginable for this club. Funnily enough a Klopp type would fit us absolutely perfectly, and Mourinho couldn’t be more polar opposite to him. Do you really think the likes of Richarlison and Pickford wouldn’t get a major cob on with Mourinho publicly slating them in press conferences?

A perfect fit for Mourinho would be the cold, soulless mega-clubs of the world like Real Madrid, Man Utd or PSG. Because he is cold and soulless, and doesn’t care who he upsets or offends whether it be players or fans, and they don’t care about ruthlessly sacking someone either. He is not coming near Everton in a billion trillion years.

I get what you are saying mate however if Jose came on board it would be a media frenzy and the fanbase would be massively upbeat/the atmosphere would instantly get a boost.

Our players have only played for managers like Alladyce, Silva, and bums at swansea, watford etc. Im sure someone like Jose telling Pickford to stop arsing about would get more positive a reaction than a novice manager doing so.

His problem at Utd was he had players with bigger ego's than him like the Rap gang wannabe's Pogba & Rom, De Gea and Martial and their agents angling for moves away etc. He wouldn't have that problem here as said player wouldnt last long.

Status
Not open for further replies.