2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leicester have got one point more than we have, and scored one goal more than us. Brenny has hardly left us trailing in his wake.

They have also played 3 of the top 7, including trips to Stamford Bridge and Old Trafford.

Considering that start, to be 5th after 5 games is better than OK. He is still in the honeymoon period of course as he's only been there since February, but he looks a great fit for them.

Not calling for his head because he shown at the end of last season he can get us going but he's not learning from his mistakes, he's picking people each week who aren't performing and he's not changing the shape of the team which isn't working

Not getting a defender in as well was madness ( not down to him that tbf)

So what you are really saying here, is that he doesn’t have it in him to get 10 or 20% more out of players, basically as he’s not got those qualities.

That’s why we were finishing between 4th to 6th with Moyes regularly.

That’s why Liverpool are doing so well.

Good managers can get a bit extra out of players, or are tactically astute and can set up to nullify their weaknesses.

Looks to me like Silva has neither of those qualities in his locker.
I'm saying he already did that last year. And sure he can, but the top 6 are more than 10 to 20% more talented than us.

That's also not why Liverpool is doing well. They are in the 5th year of Klopp's project and started out with a team of players with 300M+. There's no comparison other than when Brands showed up he knew that we needed a completely new side. The team was awful. We have just begun year two.

See I think we created plenty in both games. Not that we were playing like the Harlem Globetrotters and looking dead good or anything, but if you go away and create the chances we have in those two games you shouldn't be losing 2-0 and 3-1.
Anyone objective agrees with you. I'm much more concerned about the Watford performance than a couple stupid mistakes in a Bournemouth second half that we completely dominated.

Honestly if big sam would have served up that dross yesterday, he’d be hung out to dry. And this team has had so much more investment. The buck stops with the manager. He ain’t good enough, we all know it, like we all knew we’d get beat. But we all hope........and then when the manager gets sacked, no one complains
No. A Big Sam team would've never created that many chances and would've conceded many more. Thankfully Brands is in charge now.

1F8D30D8-37EC-4E35-BA05-72828B55C79F.jpeg

Ha ha if I don’t laugh Il cry

Thing is Matty, you have to ask yourself who were those games against and how many should we have been expected to win if we were seriously aiming for top six or even 7th?

On these performances alone, do you really expect us to come out on top against City or you know who? Does it look like Silva intends to change tactics any time soon? So if we can’t expect to take points from sides at the top end of the table, where are on earth are we going to secure them?

There is such a thing as false loyalty.

5 games regardless isn’t trigger time

They have also played 3 of the top 7, including trips to Stamford Bridge and Old Trafford.

Considering that start, to be 5th after 5 games is better than OK. He is still in the honeymoon period of course as he's only been there since February, but he looks a great fit for them.
I'm not saying he's not done well, but the 'just look at what he's done there' argument is a bit OTT. There's also a rather decent argument that we might actually have done better had we played a couple of better teams. We struggle most when tasked with making the running in games, going away to United and Chelsea while they're in the sort of form they've been in may well have picked up more points than we have.

I wonder if the players will turn on Marco. Richarlison seemed to say something w hen he was subbed, now Tosun is coming out about how he is, rightfully. unhappy etc. Delph looks like hes not happy and a lot of the expereinced players must be thinking wtf when DCL is starting. like surely we're better than that....I reckon Marcos last season this.

Can’t see the likes of Mourinho or Mancini coming here, any manager we can attract is bound to be a gamble. With that in mind I think our choices are either:- a/ stick with Silva until the new stadium build is under way, by which time we may be able to attract a top manager, or :- b/ think out of the box and take a chance with Arteta, untried as a number one, but, he has been working with Pep, he has a good football brain and as a popular former blue, he will get a bit of leeway from the more toxic section of our fan base.

Can’t see the likes of Mourinho or Mancini coming here, any manager we can attract is bound to be a gamble. With that in mind I think our choices are either:- a/ stick with Silva until the new stadium build is under way, by which time we may be able to attract a top manager, or :- b/ think out of the box and take a chance with Arteta, untried as a number one, but, he has been working with Pep, he has a good football brain and as a popular former blue, he will get a bit of leeway from the more toxic section of our fan base.

of course they would ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

I want to see him standing in his technical area berating his players with twenty minutes to go, rather than being sat in his dugout looking totally defeated. Even if we are defeated, he needs to at least look arsed. He can whinge all the way home but at least appear to show some fight and try and motivate your players when we go 2/3-1 down. How anybody on that pitch can look at Silva sitting there miserably and think "lets do this for the manager" is beyond me. I understand that the players lacked any effort yesterday but I'm not surprised if the fella who's supposed to be motivating them, focusing them is sat there with a whinge on.

I think Silva has done a good job.

Yesterday we lost because of 2 lapses of concentration, but other than that we looked solid.
We were playing Bournemouth, I would have expected us to look more than solid, other than 2 lapses of concentration, when you consider how much has been spent on this team. All that considered, I don’t consider Silva to have done a bad job, that is why I see keeping him in situ until things have progressed on the new stadium as an option.
In the long term, however, I don’t think he has the ability to take us where we want to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.