2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of players have improved under him to be fair. It's hard to say whether that's due to great management, natural progression, tactics suiting people better or what, but I don't think there's any doubt that Pickford, Richarlison, DCL, Sigurdsson and even Keane have improved since the start of last season. He also probably got more out of Gueye and Zouma than anyone else has.

All of this is subjective, of course, and we all have our different views.

Of your list, perhaps it’s coincidental that the last two may have just been putting themselves in the shop window?

All of this is subjective, of course, and we all have our different views.

Of your list, perhaps it’s coincidental that the last two may have just been putting themselves in the shop window?
Well I did say that i'm not claiming the improvement is definitely because of him. It is subjective of course, but if you don't think any of the players we've had have got better since the end of that Allardyce season, I don't think you're really looking at it with an open mind.

I expect us to lose games no problem with that, League is competitive and you move on to the next match.
The serious problem for me is how we lack any sort of attacking intent in matches we are so predictable and lack any sort of imagination in what we want to do, Actually no way in training all we do is pass it to Digne so he can cross and hope someone gets on the end of it as our attacking game plan.
Bournemouth and Villa we created absolutely zilch and for the players on our team so be so predictable it's really poor.

Never rated him as he'd done absolutely nothing to warrant the adulation he was getting when he managed Hull and Watford. Fair enough, he almost kept Hull up but at Watford he had them playing good football for half the season before it fell apart. I'm not having he had his head turned and was distracted by Everton as that shows a total lack of professionalism. -finish the job he started at Watford then move to Everton in the summer. Personally, I reckon he's actually a very good coach but not a very good manager. He'd probably make a good assistant manager, though. Unfortunately, unless we payout huge --and I mean huge -- for a top class manager we're just going to have to look for up-and-coming managers as the ship has sailed getting a top one now. Moshiri should have went all out for Simone when we had the chance but the more this crap goes on the more we look less of a good prospect for a top manager.

5 games? lol you is an utter idiot you

Thing is Matty, you have to ask yourself who were those games against and how many should we have been expected to win if we were seriously aiming for top six or even 7th?

On these performances alone, do you really expect us to come out on top against City or you know who? Does it look like Silva intends to change tactics any time soon? So if we can’t expect to take points from sides at the top end of the table, where are on earth are we going to secure them?

There is such a thing as false loyalty.

We are giving away cheap easy goals mainly from set pieces...until that is rectified we will need to score 3 or more goals per game. We need a Mick Lyons...Dave Watson to sort that defense out and lead by example. Keane just hasn't got any umph in him and is so slow.

You're right. A leader at the back is exactly what we need. Dave Watson would absolutely roast our players for the lack of effort they show.

Do those types of players exist any more though? I'm not sure that they do.

I expect us to lose games no problem with that, League is competitive and you move on to the next match.
The serious problem for me is how we lack any sort of attacking intent in matches we are so predictable and lack any sort of imagination in what we want to do, Actually no way in training all we do is pass it to Digne so he can cross and hope someone gets on the end of it as our attacking game plan.
Bournemouth and Villa we created absolutely zilch and for the players on our team so be so predictable it's really poor.
See I think we created plenty in both games. Not that we were playing like the Harlem Globetrotters and looking dead good or anything, but if you go away and create the chances we have in those two games you shouldn't be losing 2-0 and 3-1.

See I think we created plenty in both games. Not that we were playing like the Harlem Globetrotters and looking dead good or anything, but if you go away and create the chances we have in those two games you shouldn't be losing 2-0 and 3-1.
Okay zilch is probably an overreaction from me, We had few decent chances against Villa, Against B'mouth not so much.
The problem is our strikers don't get anything, Like Wilson one ball over the top of our defenders and hes in and makes it 3-1, Why do we never do that? We just put everything on Digne and hope for the best.

Okay zilch is probably an overreaction from me, We had few decent chances against Villa, Against B'mouth not so much.
The problem is our strikers don't get anything, Like Wilson one ball over the top of our defenders and hes in and makes it 3-1, Why do we never do that? We just put everything on Digne and hope for the best.
Because our centre halves are a massive problem, and not everybody has concrete booted centre halves like us! No I think yesterday we had the Richarlison one off the bar, the goal, DCL was put through by Richarlison but it just ran away from him, Iwobi should have buried his, and Richarlison should have buried the rebound, Sigurdsson had the one pulled back to him from Digne that was tipped over. I won't count the other DCL one as it wasn't really 'created'. As I say, it's not like we were cutting them to shreds with wonderful football, but that's not a bad haul of chances in an away game to be honest. You have to take them though, and we're really not very good at that.

Last season was OK overall but with a good end.

Start of this season has been below average results wise. But 5 games is not the time to be throwing judgements about.

Unless something dramatic happens then Silva will get the full season to see how the team progresses and evolves. Everyone should pretty much get themselves on board with this.

Get behind the team and roll with the highs and lows of the season. A push for Top 6 could still be on. 4 of the teams in the Top 6 are inconsistent. Still loads of the season to go.

Aim should be to get +60 points and challenge for 6th. As a minimum requirement I think 8th and 60 points is realistic. Think West Ham and Leicester will have similar thoughts and it’ll be really tight between 5 or 6 teams for those positions between 4th and 9th

Status
Not open for further replies.