2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
fine just ignore the rest of the post

Actually if he kept up the % points total up to now until the end of the season he would finish on 36pts which is enough to stay up most seasons.(That doesn’t take into account the so called easier games we have lost up until now and the higher amount of harder games in the rest of the season though) so the results don’t show I’m wrong really.

the only reason I care about that is because I don’t want the board thinking stupid relegation thoughts when they get the next guy in.

get the right guy to take us forward not some moyes or dyche hack to park the bus and squeeze out the required points and calm the panickers.

There is no way for us to choose or we run the risk of going down. We lost 9 games out of 15 ffs. Get someone who can safe us from relegation until the end of season and see what happens.

Im still ok with keeping him, EXCEPT, if he plays DCL or tosun to start on Saturday- then im happy to pay for a plane & 'silva out' banner myself. He HAS to play Kean- i dont underatand why he doesnt give him a run of games- we are in the relegation zone so surely its worth trying !!??

People saying hes been unkucky with var and injuries which to a degree is true. But if things are going against you, you set your side up to be difficult to beat. We are anything but difficult to beat, we are easy meat for most sides. He shouldnt have been brought in from the start, hes a defensively garbage coach, thats all hes proven in this league. Moyes coming in, certainly not a great moment for the fans, but at the end of the day we are crying out for a bit of discipline and some rigidity. The amount of utterly crap goals we concede is ridiculous and if we wanna start winning games we cant concede the amount we are.

L1 + triangle pass spam is the worst tactic in fifa, and we are set up perfectly to be beat by that kind of crap.

There are many posters in here pointing out how unlucky Silva has been but at the end of the day none of those factors would have saved him were it otherwise.

We should just have sacked this guy after the Norwich game.

I'll get shot to pieces here but circumstances have conspired against Silva. We started the season without a striker as I believe Tosun not good enough and both DCL and Kean are only really suitable as substitutes. We were also a centre back short plus for balance a left footed forward. Add to that we have lost our first 3 choice cm we were bound to struggle. The failing comes from the Walsh Koeman era and ok some of Silva’s decisions are baffling. For example sticking with Sigurdsson when he clearly doesn't fit the team. However if the option is Moyes I'd rather stick with Silva. People panicking about going down are right to be cautious but ultimately there are at least 3 squads worse than ours.

I'll get shot to pieces here but circumstances have conspired against Silva. We started the season without a striker as I believe Tosun not good enough and both DCL and Kean are only really suitable as substitutes. We were also a centre back short plus for balance a left footed forward. Add to that we have lost our first 3 choice cm we were bound to struggle. The failing comes from the Walsh Koeman era and ok some of Silva’s decisions are baffling. For example sticking with Sigurdsson when he clearly doesn't fit the team. However if the option is Moyes I'd rather stick with Silva. People panicking about going down are right to be cautious but ultimately there are at least 3 squads worse than ours.
The worse squad argument is somewhat irrelevant if the players in the squad aren't performing, which ours isn't. Look at Sheffield United, Burnley and others.

If we stick with Silva, I feel that our chances of relegation are the highest for a very long time because we simply look rudderless, even against awful opposition.

We certainly can't beat the top teams and we can't beat the bottom ones: wins only against Watford, (under performing) Wolves, Southampton and West Ham.

I can't see any victories in the coming month, so if results go against us (like last night) we could easily spiral into a real relegation battle and cut adrift.

I don't want Moyes, but we need to do something and quickly.

We can't even draw games with this chump. 3 or 4 more draws (Norwich and Sheff Utd at home, and say Villa and Brighton away for example) and we'd be on 17 or 18 points. Certainly not great a great points tally by any means, but chugging along until we get some players back and/or get to the January window to try and effect things.
Instead we're in peril.
Its said that the players like him. Well, they certainly don't play like it. Too slow, no determination, no desire, no pride.
This manager can't get a tune out of this bunch. He simply has to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.