2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think he's going anywhere.

I think the board want to keep a manager for the long term, so will stick with him for the time being.

As far as I'm concerned, our season starts in January. We need to hit that 40 point mark as soon as possible, and continue our rebuild in the summer.

That's a proper weird way of looking at it that doesn't really make any sense at all.

Alternatively a new manager come in goes on a bad run and gets booed at the end of the game and calls for him to be sacked

A caretaker or new manager even if it was Simeone (which it wouldn't be) may well go on a bad run but you can only deal with what is in front of you and sitting back, doing nothing and willingly throwing the next 8 games without even attempting to do anything about it is beyond incompetent, it is completely insane.

The inability of the board to recognise a deteriorating and untenable situation, and then act upon it appropriately is very worrying for the long term

Again everyone remembers what happened two years ago, sacking a manager without a plan, that’s the only reason Silva has lasted this past 9 days and that stories about replacements got leaked to the media

The players won't train fully, not with 3 games in 6 days, when we're only used to playing one game a week.
Maybe some warm up sessions, but no way will they have full training sessions.

Which is why you can't sack Silva, any new manager brings in new tactics which will require training games to test out.
I think that’s the idea of sacking him, because we’ve had 18 months of his tactics and they’re clearly not working.

Forget who are next game is or how many games we have, we need a change or we are throwing points away with each passing fixture.

He’s done and the world and him know it!

The players won't train fully, not with 3 games in 6 days, when we're only used to playing one game a week.
Maybe some warm up sessions, but no way will they have full training sessions.

Which is why you can't sack Silva, any new manager brings in new tactics which will require training games to test out.
You talk some garbage you, but you are a RS so everything you say is a double entendre

With the tin of expected loss fixtures on the horizon it’s safe to say moshiri expects us to be in the bottom 3 by January either way so what’s the point sacking him. Moshiri 2 steps ahead of us fans. I’d love to sit with him and pick his football brain. He’s a genius.

I think that’s the idea of sacking him, because we’ve had 18 months of his tactics and they’re clearly not working.

Forget who are next game is or how many games we have, we need a change or we are throwing points away with each passing fixture.

He’s done and the world and him know it!
Any Manager who loves a challenge would jump at this being his first game.
He has absolutely nothing to lose and everything to gain

The derby on Wednesday is an away fixture and a fixture where our recent record is awful anyway.
The real problem for the manager and the club, assuming a defeat on Wednesday, will be the atmosphere at Goodison on Saturday. It will not be good at the start and if we don't get at least a point it will be downright vicious.
I was thinking what would of happened if we had home Game after Norwich. Having 2 away games has helped the board not make a decision which is still wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.