2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the first time in a long while I'm actually scared by all this paper talk.

True, there's no consistent message across all of the rags aside from the fact that we're clearly desperate enough to be thinking so short term. If the answer is Moyes or Hughes or Howe or Dyche. Then there's clearly no plan or any ambition to get ourselves out of this current situation. It smacks of Kenwright. In fairness, if that's the answer - then we shouldn't be asking the question in the first place.

If Brands is the man making the call here, then he must be looking at genuine options. I'm sure he wasn't working at PSV waiting for the opportunity to bring Mark bloody Hughes into the fold. He strikes me a little more progressive than that. We're ambitious aren't we? Phone up Pochettino, phone up Arteta, phone up Gallardo. I'd rather see us being turned down by these guys than be led to believe that we're taking a step back and reverting to type.

Had weekend to think about saturday. i was at the Martinez Leicester away game and Koeman southampton away game prior to there departure....everybody was fired up and angry demanding change ...Saturday was worse as i think everybody just feels beaten by this now as this guy is worse than both of them ..His team selections , Substitutions and just lack of any motivation from the sideline is so bad . everybody can see he is picking the wrong players and not making the correct changes when we are struggling except him . How he is still manager is disgraceful and the people running the club should hang there heads in shame .
Might have to take up golf at the weekends as must be more rewarding than this ..

As we wait to see when the trigger is getting pulled, I just want to say that I don't hate him

I hated Koeman and Large Samuel by the end, but I don't hate Silva

I'm annoyed that Moshiri was so bloody stubborn to waste all the time and money (including wrecking our reputation by tapping him up) to try and get him when he's been so underwhelming, but that's directed at him and not Silva

When he piped down Klopp in his presser ahead of the Goodison Derby last season it was great

Smashing Man United 4-0 was a lot of fun

The away win at Burnley on Boxing Day was great too

He always had a go when we played the bigger teams and showed some actual ambition to win those games

It wasn't all bad, but there just wasn't enough good either

He won't be reviled or hated like a Walker or Koeman, nor will he be idolised by a cult like Martinez. Instead, he'll just be forgotten, which might even be worse

Good luck Marco. I don't hate you for failing, I thank you for trying, but it just wasn't to be
Agree with you on this. I never took to him but I don't hate him, just his dour boring footy.

Why the hell are you going back a decade to try and prove someone is an elite manager in 2019?

Reckon we try and get Sir Alex out of retirement if it works like that.

I can’t be arsed with the dissection, the cold facts are that he has managed the above clubs I listed, plus Real Madrid and Napoli.

If you want to try and pick holes in that to suit your point feel free, I really cannot be bothered Mike.

As we wait to see when the trigger is getting pulled, I just want to say that I don't hate him

I hated Koeman and Large Samuel by the end, but I don't hate Silva

I'm annoyed that Moshiri was so bloody stubborn to waste all the time and money (including wrecking our reputation by tapping him up) to try and get him when he's been so underwhelming, but that's directed at him and not Silva

When he piped down Klopp in his presser ahead of the Goodison Derby last season it was great

Smashing Man United 4-0 was a lot of fun

The away win at Burnley on Boxing Day was great too

He always had a go when we played the bigger teams and showed some actual ambition to win those games

It wasn't all bad, but there just wasn't enough good either

He won't be reviled or hated like a Walker or Koeman, nor will he be idolised by a cult like Martinez. Instead, he'll just be forgotten, which might even be worse

Good luck Marco. I don't hate you for failing, I thank you for trying, but it just wasn't to be
I don't hate him, I do think he's the worst manager out of Martinez/Koeman/Fat Sam though. Compare this squad to previous Everton squads and it's miles better even with Lukaku imo like you mentioned I do have admiration that he didn't hide against the "big teams" which we've lacked in previous managers but he's failed big time, Can you remember this time last year after the Pickford mistake? It was utter grim and that little spell saved him so so much and he foolishly convinced me and others that he could do work.
I don't even know how you describe our style of play, We don't have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.