2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
His job has not been made easy by the departure of Gueye and his replacement getting injured five minutes into his career, the injury to Bernard, Delph and Gomes and the failure to sign a striker ready to hit the ground running.
That’s really no excuse for getting beat comfortably at home to Norwich. Yes he has been unlucky with a few injuries but that can’t hide the fact we’ve desperately underperformed with the players he HAS had at his disposal.

It's like the last 18 months never happened and they've only now just realised how much of a fraud the guy is. Fair play to Marco, bloody good work if you can get it.
never thought of it like that but you are correct, the whole shitshow is like a bad dream.
For me he has to go ASAP. Since he has came in he hasn't put a stamp on his team and what he is trying to achieve. I cant tell if he has a style of play or what our one is. He seems to just field a team and then hope for the best
this is the worst aspect of his tenure, absolutely amateurish.

Still don’t get the Arteta shouts though. Has to be someone else. Moyes I’d be fine with, just because he knows the set up from previous experience and apparently he’s a manager that likes to have full control over a lot of parts of the club, which everton allows due to its size of operation. Personally I’d go for Benitez long term but there’s a lot of divided opinion there.

Disagree about Moyes. The club has changed an almighty amount since he was here so he is very unlikely to know the setup. He has struggled with better players in the past. He wont attract big names (just look at his time at united with better players and money).

He also wont have control over many, if any parts, brands has control.

Doesn’t make any sense to be honest. I’d rather take a punt on the successor having that new manager bounce and actually trying to gain some points in these next five games, unlikely as that may be.

I may seem overly negative but my reason for delaying is that I think there's very little chance that a new manager bounce could meaningfully change the result in the upcoming matches, with the possible exception of Arsenal. I don't think the players have downed tools and obviously aside from different selections no replacements can come in till the window.

What could happen however is that the new manager bounce factor is wasted on games we can't win and in January when the schedule is kinder, the new guy will already have the loser tag to overcome. I also think if they're talking to people right now, they are more likely to get an agreement to come in after the christmas schedule so they're not hammering their own record before they've had a chance.

A guy coming in Jan 1st would have the window to bring a couple of loan/cheap signings in, a 10 day break before the winnable games start again to get some messages across and the chance to make the most of a new manager bounce.

I may seem overly negative but my reason for delaying is that I think there's very little chance that a new manager bounce could meaningfully change the result in the upcoming matches, with the possible exception of Arsenal. I don't think the players have downed tools and obviously aside from different selections no replacements can come in till the window.

What could happen however is that the new manager bounce factor is wasted on games we can't win and in January when the schedule is kinder, the new guy will already have the loser tag to overcome. I also think if they're talking to people right now, they are more likely to get an agreement to come in after the christmas schedule so they're not hammering their own record before they've had a chance.

A guy coming in Jan 1st would have the window to bring a couple of loan/cheap signings in, a 10 day break before the winnable games start again to get some messages across and the chance to make the most of a new manager bounce.
You're probably right but I will have to sedate myself heavily over the next month. I can pretend I'm done with football but as all of you do , I love this club .
I think we can forgive any new manager over the next month if we can see , effort , application , actual tactics and some visable sweat . If any manager can make Morgan actually run at a pace of a 50 year old Neil Ruddock, he's got off to a good start .

His job has not been made easy by the departure of Gueye and his replacement getting injured five minutes into his career, the injury to Bernard, Delph and Gomes and the failure to sign a striker ready to hit the ground running.

Agreed but with the players at his disposal and the walk in the park starting fixtures he should've done alot better

Have to disagree there; if Silva stays we definitely lose all of them.

If they sack him today, new manager/caretaker comes in, changes the side, changes the ethos, changes the supporters mindset, and who says we lose all of them.

Pickford
Coleman Holgate/Keane Mina Digne
Davies Delph
Bernard Iwobi Richarlison
Kean/DCL

Playing with flair and pace.

Too optimistic?

Disagree about Moyes. The club has changed an almighty amount since he was here so he is very unlikely to know the setup. He has struggled with better players in the past. He wont attract big names (just look at his time at united with better players and money).

He also wont have control over many, if any parts, brands has control.

His time at United "with better players and money" was blighted by Woodward and his farcical handling of the transfer window. By Uniteds standards he spent very little

Status
Not open for further replies.