2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you want us to rip Silva a new one because we drew 0-0 away at Palace?

No im saying he hung onto his job by a thread last season and this year is the acid test.

He has to show he has what it takes to improve the side and push us on - games like yesterday which were a carbon copy of last season wont help him regardless of it being gameweek 1 or 17 in my eyes - still the exact same management, coaching staff and players.

We can all say the new signings weren't ready but I still want to see him improve the players already here. If he cant do that then he isn't the right manager and only a chequebook one. He spent £115 million in the summer and moaned about net spend- I felt sorry for him as Brands did let him down with Zaha/CB but he needs to start coaching this side to be much more clinical and clever in their play.

No im saying he hung onto his job by a thread last season and this year is the acid test.

He has to show he has what it takes to improve the side and push us on - games like yesterday which were a carbon copy of last season wont help him.

We can all say the new signings weren't ready but I still want to see him improve the players already here. If he cant do that then he isn't the right manager and only a chequebook one. He spent £115 million in the summer and moaned about net spend- I felt sorry for him as Brands did let him down with Zaha/CB but he needs to start coaching this side to be much more clinical and clever in their play.

He can’t coach players tho to not miss easy chances. He can only do so much as a manager it’s upto the players to

They were without their first choice centre backs (Sakho and Tomkins) and we still struggled to get past them. Honestly I'm not sure where the goals are going to come from, unbelievable pressure on Kean to deliver this year.
I mean we had a one cleared off the line, Yesterday just had too many anomalies.
Terrible wind.
Gomes injured.
French divvy getting sent off.
All in the first game of the season, We played well enough to win but it's one of them games where we don't take our chances and end up with zero.

I mean we had a one cleared off the line, Yesterday just had too many anomalies.
Terrible wind.
Gomes injured.
French divvy getting sent off.
All in the first game of the season, We played well enough to win but it's one of them games where we don't take our chances and end up with zero.

Fair enough, but it was a problem in pre-season and they had a couple of big chances too. On a different day we could of won 2-0 or lost 2-0.

They get an intense release from moaning and being angry, and football is the perfect vehicle to channel that release.

I have to admit though, it does feel good to release those emotions. The only thing is, I prefer to wait for a legitimate moment to do so.

I do meself, mate I did with the transfer window (zaha) but Yearh not after 1 game to moan is daft

He has to show he has what it takes to improve the side and push us on - games like yesterday which were a carbon copy of last season wont help him regardless of it being gameweek 1 or 17 in my eyes - still the exact same management, coaching staff and players.

Wasn’t a carbon copy though was it. Last season we couldn’t defend set pieces, teams were running through us on the counter, and until the final couple of months most teams could outplay us in midfield.

Yesterday we were defensively solid from start to finish. We controlled the first half completely then lost it a bit when Gomes went off injured. Schneiderlin then took any chance of us winning away but we remained solid for the point away at a tricky ground. I can’t see anything of last seasons poor performances in that one yesterday. Yeah it reeked of opening day Everton but as long as we are going to keep being drawn away from home on the first day then there’s always the chance of this occurring.

They get an intense release from moaning and being angry, and football is the perfect vehicle to channel that release.

I have to admit though, it does feel good to release those emotions. The only thing is, I prefer to wait for a legitimate moment to do so.
Mike, all you do is moan at people moaning and have a go at Everton fans. We get it, you don’t like them. It’s boring now.

Status
Not open for further replies.