Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oddly enough, this would mean, with 2 of our last 3 managerial appointments, we've gone for a manager who was highly rated but relegated the season before (not Silva's fault obviously).....

One thing on Silva....one way or another he'll be gone again in 1-2 years... Either sacked if he does bad, or he'll be gone to someone like Arsenal if he does well....don't see him building the club long term..
Since you are going by the assumption Everton will always be average at best, would that not apply to any Manager then?
You wanted Moyes back right? He'd stay until retirement. ;)

People are going on about what a great job Marco Silva did with Hull. The fact that he very nearly kept up one of the worst squads in Premier League history was impressive, as was his feat of guiding Hull to victory over Man Utd in the first leg of the League Cup semi-final. Others have mentioned how well Silva did to guide Sporting to their first major trophy in seven years.

However, for me it's his record at Olympiacos that's most impressive. Under his stewardship they won their first SEVENTEEN domestic matches of the 2015/16 season, eventually winning the Greek title (Superleague Greece) with ease. They also trounced Arsenal in the Champions League.

Cracking young manager. Don't think we'll get him though.

Be a great boost getting him as manager,he has something about him,tactically astute and his teams play a expansive style.

But is anyone slightly worried that this guy seems to not last long at a club.

7 clubs in 6 years if he ends up coming to us.

lol

In the real world he would be all but unemployable with those kind of stats on his CV.

He would be hard pushed getting a job stacking shelves in Tesco, never mind a job in management there :pint2:

People are going on about what a great job Marco Silva did with Hull. The fact that he very nearly kept up one of the worst squads in Premier League history was impressive, as was his feat of guiding Hull to victory over Man Utd in the first leg of the League Cup semi-final. Others have mentioned how well Silva did to guide Sporting to their first major trophy in seven years.

However, for me it's his record at Olympiacos that's most impressive. Under his stewardship they won their first SEVENTEEN domestic matches of the 2015/16 season, eventually winning the Greek title (Superleague Greece) with ease. They also trounced Arsenal in the Champions League.

Cracking young manager. Don't think we'll get him though.
Great post though I believe

pay them
He will come

We need Kevin Costner

Be a great boost getting him as manager,he has something about him,tactically astute and his teams play a expansive style.

But is anyone slightly worried that this guy seems to not last long at a club.

7 clubs in 6 years if he ends up coming to us.

Not overly, days of a manager staying at a club for a long time are over pretty much nowadays.

Rather have 2 years under a manager where he does something, than sit with the same one for 11/12 who does the square root of jack s''t like we have had before.

Look at every club who has ever hired Mourinho, they do so knowing that he won't stay more than 3 years tops, they don't care because they know he will almost certainly achieve something during that period.

He took training today. If he takes it again tomorrow, I'd say he hasn't said anything of the sort and theres no discussions taking place between anyone. Our owners are strong characters and wouldn't have him near the team if he was openly saying he wants out IMO.

...which is exactly what he would look to happen. As others before him, he’d virtually make his position untenable. If the owners aren’t attentive or refuse to talk he’d leak something to the press. I think that’s the only way a move will happen. If Watford owners are rebuking Everton and Silva isn’t prepared to force a move then this will go nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.