Votes: 525 77.9%
  • No

Votes: 76 11.3%
  • Fence

Votes: 73 10.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's plenty of others, but off the top of my head there's two ones that could be options.

Marcelino - Won the Copa del Rey with Valencia last season, got them and Villarreal back as regular CL/EL contenders. Was sacked by Valencia (for no reason, they'd started well) earlier this season. Players and fans in uproar. Plays attacking football based around a 4-4-2. A very highly thought of coach. Cons are no PL exp and his English isn't great.

Arteta - If we're going to go back to the 2000s, at least go for someone who is really, really well thought of. Loads of positives, but con is his inexperience.

Arteta no experience for me.

Never heard of Marcelino but will have a look at him.

I'm not saying moves long term. Just till the end of the season. We assess our options. Seen on another thread that there are quite a few rated managers without clubs. So for me these players need shouting at with the recent performances and moyes will do that and he can organise a defence.

Like I said not long term just till we assess and get the best manager available this time

Arteta no experience for me.

Never heard of Marcelino but will have a look at him.

I'm not saying moves long term. Just till the end of the season. We assess our options. Seen on another thread that there are quite a few rated managers without clubs. So for me these players need shouting at with the recent performances and moyes will do that and he can organise a defence.

Like I said not long term just till we assess and get the best manager available this time

I suppose with Arteta the point would be his lack of experience is cancelled out by knowing the club but also having worked under the best coach of his generation (and with the best platyers, and having actually even managed games at times and training sessions/tactics etc - all which have received huge plaudits).

The thing is, if we sack Silva now, the point would be it's because we can still get something out of this season. We would be sacking him so we aren't just writing it off.

Going for Moyes or another dinosaur is pointless. It's admitting defeat. I'd rather have Silva than that.

And in all honesty, for all our uproar, he probably won't be off anywhere.

I suppose with Arteta the point would be his lack of experience is cancelled out by knowing the club but also having worked under the best coach of his generation (and with the best platyers, and having actually even managed games at times and training sessions/tactics etc - all which have received huge plaudits).

The thing is, if we sack Silva now, the point would be it's because we can still get something out of this season. We would be sacking him so we aren't just writing it off.

Going for Moyes or another dinosaur is pointless. It's admitting defeat. I'd rather have Silva than that.

And in all honesty, for all our uproar, he probably won't be off anywhere.

My fear is that silva doesn't learn from mistakes I.e. Defending at set pieces. Other teams are on to us over this. And are we really too good to be dragged into a relegation battle. Old enough to remember them sayin that about clougies Notts Forest before they went down

Silva is limited and painfully mediocre but he fits us to a tee. He should probably go but he will be replaced with the next flavour of the month, so what's the point?

I'd rather we reformed the mentality of the club and the fanbase. We have a choice to make. We either accept our perennial position of making up the numbers or we really start to demand and create a winning mentality. Unfortunately there is no one associated with this club knows how to win. So we should get used to being poor and let Silva do what he does.

I didn't want him in the first place. Looked at his record when we wanted him. relegation with Hull and sacked by Watford. I thought to myself is that what my beloved Everyon has become. A relegated and sacked manager?
But when he joined I thought I'd support him.
But now for me he doesn't learn from matches.

Still leaking goals at set pieces. Knew it was bad but with the recent set piece stats from other clubs it is actual worse than bad.

Always looks so miserable and uninspiring. Doesn't have to be mr.happy but just show me a bit of emotion and feel about the team the way me and my 3 lads feel would do for me.

Every game it's slow and slow side to side play.

Time to go for me and please take all his back room staff and especially big Dunc. Don't know what he dies to deserve the coaching job

All are valid points that I agree with mostly.
I actually wanted him as manager because he said his preferred formation was 4 3 3 and I thought we were going to attack more, but that doesn't appear to be the case.
Why an allegedly attacking manager persists with 2 def mids at home I have no idea, and why even play Schneiderlin at all he is just a waste of a team place. Everything has been predictable, from the formation to the team selection to the effort applied. Every week is the same and it feels like we haven't moved on for a few years now despite oceans of cash being spent, and NOBODY at the club seems to care.
The only suggestion I can make is to bring in Moyes untill the end of the season to steady the ship, and use that time to try and persuade a better manager to join us. My suggestion would be Mancini.

Any manager worth there salt won't come here if Silva is sacked.
How could you work for someone who fires you after four or five bad results.

Status
Not open for further replies.