• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not ok to finish 10th. We need to make the big 6 the big 7 and that will take consistency over a few seasons and European and domestic cup runs

Yes! Absolutely. We need good runs in the Europa League to improve our poor European Coefficient which we share with the likes of West Ham, Burnley, Southampton and the like. Look in the mid eighties at

It depends - he'll get away with around 9th/10th, but if we're looking at a relegation battle in any way come late November, especially given the fixture run we have early doors, then he'll be rightly booted out.

I'll settle with being comfortably top half for this season, it's not an unrealistic expectation.

I dont think anyone suggests in the thick of a relegation battle position by Novemeber will happen. I'm talking about mid-table or just above.
Maybe not, but please stop making excuses for him. Sink or swim time for him this season, if Brands gets in the 3 players we need, hes got NO excuses at all.

If you think him not having the players a week early is gonna wash, then LOL.

Put up or get back to Hull for snakey.

I think he will do ok myself.

It's not an excuse. If you were handed a group of new first team players days before the season started would you expect to be able to make that situation work straight away?

We should be around 8th ish even with a bumpy start the leagues that poor, we finished 8th last season without a striker and going on a run of one win in 13 games..That simply cant happen this season no excuse!
I disagree. Top 6 plus Leicester and Wolves will all expect to be top 8 by Christmas. We may or not be top 8 by then, but if we aren't I wont be overly surprised.

I disagree. Top 6 plus Leicester and Wolves will all expect to be top 8 by Christmas. We may or not be top 8 by then, but if we aren't I wont be overly surprised.
Right now we are stronger than last season and i expect us to be even stronger by the end of the week, we will have everything there to have the best season weve had for many a year. We will leave Wolves and Leicester in our trail i'm convinced of that.

It's not an excuse. If you were handed a group of new first team players days before the season started would you expect to be able to make that situation work straight away?

I will give him some leeway concerning the players, as I said in the Kean thread earlier, players like him will possibly need a bedding in period.

I know this is a thinly veiled attack on Brands, but Kean returned from holiday a week ago, Gbamin was due back tomorrow, Zaha if he signs is only due back tomorrow. We havent "lost" any time.

But with new players we should expect a period before it all clicks, even if we signed all the players in June, we still would have needed that period. The window hasnt closed yet, if it closed today, I would be slightly concerned in the squads ability to compete, but if we get the 3 players I think we need and they are of the quality of the players already brought in by Brands, then I honestly see no excuses why we should be anything other than 7th or above and putting pressure on the teams above us, by Christmas.

Honestly Dave, we will buy players every single summer, managers have been buying players since forever, having new players isnt an excuse to fail.

Or maybe this fella can only do 1 aspect of his job? Maybe all he can do is cry to the media and fail as a manager.

Im hopeful that isnt the case, im hopeful we can hit the ground running and kick on and if we do, he will gain my praise, but hes not hiding behind "The bad man signed me all the International quality players too late in the window", you can swallow that if you want, but im spitting it out.

Right now we are stronger than last season and i expect us to be even stronger by the end of the week, we will have everything there to have the best season weve had for many a year. We will leave Wolves and Leicester in our trail i'm convinced of that.
I'm not sure. In the coming days, on paper, maybe. By the season's end we'll be no less than 7th. I'm just cautioning against ultra high expectations in the first half of the season.

Totally agree mate, get the right players in now, and I think we can go at arsenal and Chelsea

Reactions: JLW
I will give him some leeway concerning the players, as I said in the Kean thread earlier, players like him will possibly need a bedding in period.

I know this is a thinly veiled attack on Brands, but Kean returned from holiday a week ago, Gbamin was due back tomorrow, Zaha if he signs is only due back tomorrow. We havent "lost" any time.

But with new players we should expect a period before it all clicks, even if we signed all the players in June, we still would have needed that period. The window hasnt closed yet, if it closed today, I would be slightly concerned in the squads ability to compete, but if we get the 3 players I think we need and they are of the quality of the players already brought in by Brands, then I honestly see no excuses why we should be anything other than 7th or above and putting pressure on the teams above us, by Christmas.

That's what I've been saying, so we agree. The last line maybe not, but we're not too far away.
Honestly Dave, we will buy players every single summer, managers have been buying players since forever, having new players isnt an excuse to fail.

Or maybe this fella can only do 1 aspect of his job? Maybe all he can do is cry to the media and fail as a manager.

Im hopeful that isnt the case, im hopeful we can hit the ground running and kick on and if we do, he will gain my praise, but hes not hiding behind "The bad man signed me all the International quality players too late in the window", you can swallow that if you want, but im spitting it out.
Brands himself stated last season that players need time to bed in. He was rightly determined to stop the managerial merry-go-round when he arrived here. You should appreciate that. It's ironic that you dont.

That's what I've been saying, so we agree. The last line maybe not, but we're not too far away.

Brands himself stated last season that players need time to bed in. He was rightly determined to stop the managerial merry-go-round when he arrived here. You should appreciate that. It's ironic that you dont.

Players need time to bed in, that we agree on, bad players will never bed in, quality players should be up and running by matchday 2.

This fella has no excuses.

NONE.

I dont want him sacked, I want him to do his job.

Status
Not open for further replies.