• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW, I see him being a bit off the pace until about Christmas and then he is going to absolutely tear this league apart.
He's going to have to blend in the new arrivals until he getsa blend that works. Just like it took Kendall a bit fine tuning to effectively work Lineker into the team, not just a straight swap for Grey, but how we set up.

Kean has 18months to 2 years, from me.

Silva has had his free season, its time for him to put up or walk up.
Hes 19 mate, he might be a quality player, but hes still a new lad learning the game. But I do expect him to at least learn the system by matchday 2, that doesnt mean I expect him to be BLAMMOing from day 1.

He gets LOADS of leeway from me, if its not working I expect Silva to make something else work.

I wont be demanding miracles from a 19 year old new to the league.

Silva has been a manager for 7 years, hes spent the last 3 in this country, he simply doesnt get the same leeway Moise Kean gets.

And im not even demanding miracles, 7th place is a pretty easy target to hit if you have a clue how to manage.
On Friday he and all the players get my full unwavering support till May.

Players brought in may need 18 months to 2 years to settle, but the manager will be expected to get Everton no problem top 7 and should really be breaking into the top 6?

Really interesting read from O'Keefe this morning.

[Paid Content - Blacklisted]/111288...d-workaholic-marco-silva-turn-everton-around/

"Even after that FA Cup exit, and losing from 2-0 up at St James’ Park in early March, he never lost the dressing room. Men of character such as Seamus Coleman helped ensure that didn’t happen too because they believed in his methods."

Right, I don't get this. In the first post you say that our pressing style doesn't work because our cm's push up during the press and leave gaps for creative players to exploit. So we need a proper dm to sit in the gap and stop these players. But That was Ganas job to do that but he would move out of position to attack the ball which could leave us exposed on the counter attack.

You then go on to say gana was papering over the cracks but according to you the cracks are there because of gana not sitting deep and covering the back four.

Also when we press we press as a team. The defence doesn't sit back and the rest for the team legs it off to press. The defence presses as well as the rest of the team so where are these gaps coming from on the press?

As I said there can be gaps on the counter because if gana misses his tackle or interception it can leave us exposed but not on the press. That's why teams who press high have problems with long balls over the top.

Now with gana gone whoever replaces him will more likely be more disciplined positional.
He was doing both, one or the other.

Don't think its about finding just one player who is more disciplined
the whole side needs to work together more.

I think there is too much emphasis on the phases of pressing and not enough work on other areas.
And maybe the reason for this is its too complicated to work the other areas into Silva's style of press.

It like Gana's role was the constant.
At the heart of my issue was that Gana, as the constant, lead to the others players being less sure, and/or having to constantly do more calculations as to their role. It became an unnecessary mess at times.
Its why we lost or drew matches we should've won.

Players brought in may need 18 months to 2 years to settle, but the manager will be expected to get Everton no problem top 7 and should really be breaking into the top 6?

Yes Dave, its his 2nd season, hes not a novice manager.

I could get us top 7 without breaking a sweat, if this fella cant, he needs to step aside.

As I say, he will be given my full support every step of the way, but I wont be making excuses for him.

Last edited:

I could get us top 4 without breaking a sweat, if this fella cant, he needs to step aside.

As I say, he will be given my full support every step of the way, but I wont be making excuses for him.
Needs to get top 4 because it's his second season with Everton? Are you quite mad?

We'll get top 7 and probably place pressure on 6th by the season's end. But the shame is that we cant start off a season without a full preseason behind us as a springboard. We lose a lot of valuable points because of that.

Needs to get top 4 because it's his second season with Everton? Are you quite mad?

We'll get top 7 and probably place pressure on 6th by the season's end. But the shame is that we cant start off a season without a full preseason behind us as a springboard. We lose a lot of valuable points because of that.

Not once have I said he needs top 4.

7th or above is the target.

The dice will have to fall heavily in our favour to hit 4th or 5th place. We are still in "team building" mode. Which means, far as playing staff goes, this will be another season of transition. Brands and Marco have repeatedly said this is a long term project. I see no reason to doubt this.
Which can only mean, another difficult season for the impatient. However, it is not unreasonable to expect signs of improvement, like beating the RS and doing well in a cup run. Anything short of this is stagnation and then we can ask questions of our management team.

I could get us top 7 without breaking a sweat, if this fella cant, he needs to step aside.

You said: "I could get us top 4 without breaking a sweat, if this fella cant, he needs to step aside." :Blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.