• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even the DoF accepts that this is a long term project with Silva. He wont be expecting players he handed over to Silva to be integrated in a few weeks.

We'll maybe struggle early season but come good in the second half if the season.

I for one wont expect great performances and to be top 6/7 come Christmas, I sincerely hope most others aren't looking for that.
I expect to be competitive and not rolling over like we did with spurs at home. I don’t expect everyone to of clicked like you before Xmas but we need to be comfortably top 9

...so who replaces Siva if the season starts slowly?

That man you hero worship wont be looking to sack Silva.

Cometh the hour, cometh the man

mickmccarthytea1.gif

Even the DoF accepts that this is a long term project with Silva. He wont be expecting players he handed over to Silva to be integrated in a few weeks.

We'll maybe struggle early season but come good in the second half if the season.

I for one wont expect great performances and to be top 6/7 come Christmas, I sincerely hope most others aren't looking for that.
We should be around 8th ish even with a bumpy start the leagues that poor, we finished 8th last season without a striker and going on a run of one win in 13 games..That simply cant happen this season no excuse!

Why you asking?

Just find it funny how we spent years laughing at Liverpool when they were splurging big money and finishing 8th yet we are the 5th biggest spenders in the league since 2016 yet its sound to finish 10th.

A very odd fanbase.

As if we haven’t laughed at ourselves for the eye-watering amount of money that fat spiv Koeman and the P.E teaching gargoyle spunked up the wall.

As if we haven’t laughed at ourselves for the eye-watering amount of money that fat spiv Koeman and the P.E teaching gargoyle spunked up the wall.

I agree on that, however I think this season Silva simply has to prove he is good enough to take us forward into BMD.

We spent £85 last season, we've spent a further £80-85 million so far this window with a RW, CB and RB still to potentially come in - that could easily be another £60-80 million so hypothetically Silva might be managing a side he's built for over £200 million in just 2 seasons.

For me the fanbase simply can not give the bloke any excuse this season (providing we get those positions through the door) otherwise we are no better than the board who we've slated for years pre Moshiri about having no ambition when we are happy being around clubs spending a 1/3 of what we have.

I agree on that, however I think this season Silva simply has to prove he is good enough to take us forward into BMD.

We spent £85 last season, we've spent a further £80-85 million so far this window with a RW, CB and RB still to potentially come in - that could easily be another £60-80 million so hypothetically Silva might be managing a side he's built for over £200 million in just 2 seasons.

For me the fanbase simply can not give the bloke any excuse this season (providing we get those positions through the door) otherwise we are no better than the board who we've slated for years pre Moshiri about having no ambition when we are happy being around clubs spending a 1/3 of what we have.

As you say, if we get the 3 players in we need, hes got no excuses whatsoever to get 7th or above, NONE.

I gave him a free season last year and he did decent enough for his first season with an average squad, so he simply has to improve every year from this point, he simply does.

As you say, if we get the 3 players in we need, hes got no excuses whatsoever to get 7th or above, NONE.

I gave him a free season last year and he did decent enough for his first season with an average squad, so he simply has to improve every year from this point, he simply does.

I agree with this.. Slight quibble over the "average squad" though. In my opinion it is far better than average for the Division.
We finished the season well. However the season as a whole was underwhelming. No excuses he has to get top 6/7 as a minimum.

And people have wrong expectations, ive read a few times that we have an easy start?

Im sorry but its far from an easy start.

Am starting to wonder this myself mein frondelino.

Let's say we sign a top class right back and right wider. That is a LOT of quality across the team (when at full strength), you've got to expecting a 65+ point season I think.

So perhaps we are calm until the advent calendars are all opened, maybe until Feb, but after that, or certainly in May, 65+ or OUT

I agree with this.. Slight quibble over the "average squad" though. In my opinion it is far better than average for the Division.
We finished the season well. However the season as a whole was underwhelming. No excuses he has to get top 6/7 as a minimum.

IMO it was fairly average.

As it is now, but 3 players of real quality, added with the boy Kean and Gmblammo then I see no reason we cant get amongst things.

Im not saying we are good enough for top 4, that will take everything going right for us, every bounce, every decision, players not messing up, a massive ask.

And maybe its a little early, considering we are still lacking 3 key players for me, but I see no reason why we cant finish 7th at the VERY least.

Am starting to wonder this myself mein frondelino.

Let's say we sign a top class right back and right wider. That is a LOT of quality across the team (when at full strength), you've got to expecting a 65+ point season I think.

Its why hes crying about players Frandelino.

He knows how the transfer window works, hes very ITK, he knows how hard Brands will be working on deals, for him to run his gums just smacks of excuse-making.

Train the players you snakerat and if you do a good job we might give you some more next summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.