• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If that post match interview was anything to go by, the concerns of many on here are not without substance. It was less what he said ( which was unintelligible) but more how he looked...like a man who had stared too long into a terrible, pitch-black abyss.
I’m having trouble getting to sleep from the haunting memory of that sight. I imagine I’m not alone...

In many way getting the money has spoiled the team. Before we were more patient and had a less demanding outlook. It meant when we played well we enjoyed it more and were able to shrug off the inevitable defeats. Now we just sling money around and moan as a string of poor to mediocre managers have squandered it.
This

The big difference is the money. He's had a lot and at the moment it's not going well for him. However as a fan base because we now seem to have money we are frustrated as we are doing worse than under Moyes. Just like a lot of you I was sold the idea he was our Pochettino (not sure how to spell). He had exciting spells with other clubs and did well in his home country. We were sure we were sticking with this one. In it for the long run. After Allardyce Marco seemed exotic. After a promising start though it seems we don't play with the same attacking flare anymore. Maybe we've been found and teams can manage us comfortably now. I really hope he can reinvigorate the team, maybe get in a player or two this window. I'm not hopeful though. At the same time I can't see him being let go any time soon. I mean from a branding perspective it makes us look weak sacking over and over again!

@MarcelsGoat really wants to agree with us.

but hes set his stall out as the leader of the 'free year' group.. who are going to get us relegated.

hes now resorted to shouting down concerned Evertonians, and gone as low as to call us Newcastle type fans.

never change fellow blues, you absolute loons!

Actually Frank it was Dave who brought the Geordie comparison up and it's spot on

I’m all for giving him time, chopping and changing has done nothing for us over the past few seasons.

But, if we are being honest it’s blind faith. There is nothing from Silva’s past record to suggest that he will make it.

People go on about how klopp has been given time. But it was never blind faith with him. He won the league in Germany and got to a champions league final. He was one of the most sought after managers in Europe.

So when they appointed him and didn’t have overnight success (he did get to the Europa League final in his first season), his record commanded respect, you knew that given a few transfer windows he would have them up there challenging.

That’s not the case with Silva. I’m not saying he won’t be a success but he doesn’t come with a track record that says “trust me, I have this covered”.

Hopefully things work out for him and I would give him a chance. But make no mistakes, this is blind faith.

Because no player shows there top level every single game. I don't think you can evaluate anyone if they never get a run of 4 or 5 starts in succession to show their level. I wouldn't have drawn any conclusion on DCL before the last week tbh but I'm convinced at this point he isn't at the level we need.

But even with that I've been impressed by Lookman. He was our liveliest attacker vs Chelsea City and Palace at least and he won us the Palace game.

If he was playing well he'd have continued starting

We had the boring but solid girlfriend who would do the washing/cleaning and dinner. Everything was well organised. If we had shown her a bit more affection and appreciated her efforts she may have gone on to do better.

Instead we ran off with a pretty young girl we didn't know much about. A few months later we realised that there is no substance to her whatsoever.

Thing is we aint a 40 year old fella with his brain in his nether region. We should have a sound upper management structure.

If that post match interview was anything to go by, the concerns of many on here are not without substance. It was less what he said ( which was unintelligible) but more how he looked...like a man who had stared too long into a terrible, pitch-black abyss.
I’m having trouble getting to sleep from the haunting memory of that sight. I imagine I’m not alone...

It’s worrying that he’s struggling to get the team out of the rut they’re in. People point at players and tactics but this team is easily good enough to compete for 7th place, and the performances since the derby (besides smashing a poor Burnley side) have not been of that standard. It needs to change sharpish because a few more bad results and he will be under a lot of pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.