• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be Gylfi, Gueye, McCarthy imo eventually.

Unless that Gomez lad exists and proves he’s not badly Zouma.
If Silva insists on a 4-2-3-1, that would fit, but McCarthy hasn’t been the same since he got hurt years ago and offers absolutely nothing going forward. Gomes is also a MUCH better player.

If Silva insists on a 4-2-3-1, that would fit, but McCarthy hasn’t been the same since he got hurt years ago and offers absolutely nothing going forward. Gomes is also a MUCH better player.

I think all fit he prefers a 4-3-3, the difficulty is in the central 3 for me, its lacks pace, creativity and expansiveness essentially we dont move the ball quick enough or unpredictability enough through central midfield, that allows the opposition team to set up defensively before we can trigger our front players making their jobs more difficult. Its a secondary offensive contributer. James can make up yars and get up the pitch, he has stamina determination and most of all character.

Personally i dont subscribe to he isnt the same player bit, hes been unlucky with injuries and its been massively frustrating for all involved, when he has been in the team results and performances have been better.

If Jose leaves utd / is sacked we would be fools to not ask the question. If he said yes on a big wage packet imagine the trophies we could be winning and players we would attract whilst this bums kicked to the curb.

Make it happen Moshiri lad.

If Jose leaves utd / is sacked we would be fools to not ask the question. If he said yes on a big wage packet imagine the trophies we could be winning and players we would attract whilst this bums kicked to the curb.

Agreed
We could attract and play the best young players in the world and have them playing an open expansive attacking style of football

Not

First of all, what positions did Davies and Gana okay this past weekend? And does Sigurdsson not count as a third midfielder because he was pushed high? And he’s not going to play a 4-3-1-2. Who on earth would the two be? We don’t have a single striker worth a darn, let alone two. Who on earth would the 3 mids be? Don’t tell me Schneiderlin. Even worse, you’d have to take off one if not two of our better players to do it.

Why on earth would you switch to a system that is about the worst I could think of with our current personnel? It makes zero sense.

Second of all, why does everyone think Bernard is a central player? Did I miss all the appearances he’s made in the middle of the pitch?

Third of all, there was no problem with the central midfield against Arsenal, which is what happens when you sit Schneiderlin as he is a statue out there.

Fourth of all, there is nothing wrong with Silva’s tactics. Nothing.
We aren’t playing 3 up front. We are playing 4-2-3-1. The wings/inside forwards defend plenty, especially Richarlison.
Musn't be watching the same matches.
The first goal against Arsenal is basically down to Walcott (and Silva).
If you can find a highlight that goes back far enough, look at what he does.
And it may dawn on you why we've got problems
And add zonal marking to that - see Lacazette when he square's the ball to Ramsey.

When you say we aren't playing a 3 up front go back through the Rico posts.
The majority talk about L and R wing forwards and a central striker.
And essentially despite what the formation is called that's what is happening on the pitch.
Take into consideration that Sig is often not dropping in behind and linking with 2 CMs, ie not anticpiating the opposition getting past the front three, with him just as likely to join in a press higher up.
If you have Digne or Kenny on the retreat at the same time you've got real problems as the opposition mount an attack into the final third.
If the opp has decent players and you have the willingness of at least one of 2CMs to get sucked in
And throw in that at least one of the central attackers (usu 9 or 10) is left completely unmarked.

The amount of times this has all been happening in the first 6 matches is unbelievable, staggering.
You simply can't get away with this rubbish in the Premier League.

If your going to play Rico as LW forward in a 4-2-3-1 (which he is ideal for) then you have to find balance on the other side with the right type of player.
Silva does not have this type of player and therefore should not play it.
Walcott couldn't be further from this. Think Kuyt for RS or Milner for City. And no, Bernard is not this type of player either.
If your going to play Walcott, play him as part of a front two.

We'd be fools TO ask the question.
1. He's a manager on the decline who needs time away from the game.
2. He most likely says no anyway and we've wasted everyone's time and disrupted the harmony of the team.

He’s not been here long enough. His players haven’t been fit or available.

Signs are promising in the style we are playing.

Only concern for me is 6 captains so far! And tom Davies as captain is just wrong.

He’s not been here long enough. His players haven’t been fit or available.

Signs are promising in the style we are playing.

Only concern for me is 6 captains so far! And tom Davies as captain is just wrong.

to be fair, he might be giving people a chance to see who deserves it, it would be a problem if its like that all season, doesn't help coleman has been injured who you'd expect to take over from jags

Why are people that bothered about who the captain is ? After the coin toss its job done, don't think I could name many of the captains in the PL as it means nothing, a leader is a leader.

Musn't be watching the same matches.
The first goal against Arsenal is basically down to Walcott (and Silva).
If you can find a highlight that goes back far enough, look at what he does.
And it may dawn on you why we've got problems
And add zonal marking to that - see Lacazette when he square's the ball to Ramsey.

When you say we aren't playing a 3 up front go back through the Rico posts.
The majority talk about L and R wing forwards and a central striker.
And essentially despite what the formation is called that's what is happening on the pitch.
Take into consideration that Sig is often not dropping in behind and linking with 2 CMs, ie not anticpiating the opposition getting past the front three, with him just as likely to join in a press higher up.
If you have Digne or Kenny on the retreat at the same time you've got real problems as the opposition mount an attack into the final third.
If the opp has decent players and you have the willingness of at least one of 2CMs to get sucked in
And throw in that at least one of the central attackers (usu 9 or 10) is left completely unmarked.

The amount of times this has all been happening in the first 6 matches is unbelievable, staggering.
You simply can't get away with this rubbish in the Premier League.

If your going to play Rico as LW forward in a 4-2-3-1 (which he is ideal for) then you have to find balance on the other side with the right type of player.
Silva does not have this type of player and therefore should not play it.
Walcott couldn't be further from this. Think Kuyt for RS or Milner for City. And no, Bernard is not this type of player either.
If your going to play Walcott, play him as part of a front two.
Unreal. Now Walcott can't play in a 4-2-3-1, yet you want Kuyt out there, who is much slower and worse in defense and is NOTHING like James Milner.

Brands and Silva bought Bernard because he could play the position.

I don't think you understand Silva's tactics or the teams personnel very well. I think THAT is the problem.

If we finish COMFORTABLY out of relegation danger but don't do much of note I'll be fine without griping about him this season even if we're 10th or so. We need to start picking up points quickly tho

Status
Not open for further replies.