• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Klopp, pochetino, simeone, pep didn't look good for a year with better teams. We don't need yeller to galvanize team in a same wrong direction. Changing direction and culture needs time.

It's mad how little time some people are willing to give a manager.

Marco Silva isn't one of the top managers around. He's a promising manager though. Won a cup at Sporting. Won a league at Olympiakos. Hull was an impossible task where he did a really good job getting a tune out of a miss mash of a squad. Watford was going well until he became unsettled.

No-one should be arguing that Silva is an elite manager. He isn't. But that's fine. Realistically elite managers wouldn't want to join last summer. Silva was one the most promising available with Premier League experience. Now he's here people are losing their heads after 6 league games.

Going to take a while for him to embed his tactics and work out what players he wants and what the squad needs. That'll mean multiple transfer windows to get anything resembling a squad that can dream of challenging for Top 4. At the moment 7th place and 60 points looks a good target for this season. Think that'll be hard to achieve because of the transition. Top 6 challenges over 2019/20 and 20/21 - not necessarily top6 finishes though. Maybe, just maybe, if things go unbelievably well with recruitment, youth development and the manager then a Top 4 challenge could materialise over one of those seasons.

People will read the above and think it's over negative of the situation. I think it's realistic. What I think is a negative influence is people dogging the manager after 6 games. Let's give him 6 months before we even start to form an opinion. Now's the time to get behind the new manager and team. No value in paying another manager a pay off and flip flopping between different styles of football and recruitment.
Don’t know who are but you’ve got a mighty fine username.

As in sit deep, mate.

I'd agree with a switch to 4-3-3. Silva said he prefers that yet hasn't used it as of yet. Maybe he wants to wait for Gomes to get fit first, I don't know. Gylfi could play in a flat 3 for me, but I don't think he has the discipline to play in a two.

Mate, saying our players are decent in defence is laughable. As a team, for about four years, we simply haven't been able to defend. Everything is a panic, as a unit, all 11 of them. We are not a good defensive side whatsoever.

Our defence was the worst in the league last season under Koeman and it wasn't much better under Allardyce. What the hell are you on about?

Genuinely, what do you want? Do you want him sacked already?
As in play to the counter with a bit of a tweak on the Leicester model, due to what players are available, - a 4-3-1-2
As in get the defence sorted first, and build confidence throughout the team, by playing with 3 central midfielders.
I think you'd find our defenders aren't that bad if this was done.
Once sorted and Bernard has got the 10 on his back, then things can start to get going.
The thing is, we would most probably have more points as well as being in a better position to build going this way than what it is.
Ie its not even a step backwards.

Mate, appreciate the dialogue.
Just been laughing my bollocks off reading the Davies thread.
Love the differences of opinion, love the passion.
Brilliant stuff.
Great place, the Old Team.
What other PL club has a player like Davies but the Blues.

Do not want to see him get destroyed by better teams coming up.
Silva has to come to his senses with the midfield.

But we are not, we are in the premier league and mid-table.

If the Olympic 100 metre race was for 18 month old babies and me i would win gold.

Not sure why you've quoted my post...your post has no relation at all to mine. But thanks anyway,most publicity is good publicity.....

As in play to the counter with a bit of a tweak on the Leicester model, due to what players are available, - a 4-3-1-2
As in get the defence sorted first, and build confidence throughout the team, by playing with 3 central midfielders.
Once sorted and Bernard has got the 10 on his back, then things can start to get going.
The thing is, we would most probably have more points as well as being in a better position to build going this way than what it is.

Brilliant stuff.

I'd happily see us play a 3-man midfield. I'm not sure we have the personnel fit to play it as it stands. Hopefully that changes when Gomes is fit.

I do think Gyfli - Gana - Davies could be decent, though.

That being said, it wouldn't have mattered had we put our chances away on Sunday. We didn't lose because of the midfield, or the full-back's pressing high, or the system.

I'd happily see us play a 3-man midfield. I'm not sure we have the personnel fit to play it as it stands. Hopefully that changes when Gomes is fit.

I do think Gyfli - Gana - Davies could be decent, though.

That being said, it wouldn't have mattered had we put our chances away on Sunday. We didn't lose because of the midfield, or the full-back's pressing high, or the system.

Will be Gylfi, Gueye, McCarthy imo eventually.

Unless that Gomez lad exists and proves he’s not badly Zouma.

Brilliant stuff.

First of all, what positions did Davies and Gana okay this past weekend? And does Sigurdsson not count as a third midfielder because he was pushed high? And he’s not going to play a 4-3-1-2. Who on earth would the two be? We don’t have a single striker worth a darn, let alone two. Who on earth would the 3 mids be? Don’t tell me Schneiderlin. Even worse, you’d have to take off one if not two of our better players to do it.

Why on earth would you switch to a system that is about the worst I could think of with our current personnel? It makes zero sense.

Second of all, why does everyone think Bernard is a central player? Did I miss all the appearances he’s made in the middle of the pitch?

Third of all, there was no problem with the central midfield against Arsenal, which is what happens when you sit Schneiderlin as he is a statue out there.

Fourth of all, there is nothing wrong with Silva’s tactics. Nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.