• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
because Silva is an underwhelming manager, he has never managed a big team of note, has never won anything of note and his last 2 jobs got a team relegated and fired.
people were so desperate to get rid of allardyce, they actually saw silva as a massive improvement and people who think silva will be given 2 seasons are living in dreamland.

Winning a league title with a 79% win rate and a league cup is something of note no matter what country it is in. Hull City were heading for relegation long before Silva got there and it was an impossible task for any Manager and Watford have been through about 12 Managers in 10 years as they sack them after they lose a few games and who couldn't blame Silva for his head being turned by a bigger and better club i.e Everton. As for Allardyce, i wanted him gone because he was absolutely atrocious as a Manager and as human being and was seriously damaging the club and support every single day of his terrible tenure. The stain wont be gone for years and Silva is a massive improvement from him. Anyone would be though tbh.

Judging a new Manager after just 6 league games is completely ridiculous and knee jerk imo.

because Silva is an underwhelming manager, he has never managed a big team of note, has never won anything of note and his last 2 jobs got a team relegated and fired.
people were so desperate to get rid of allardyce, they actually saw silva as a massive improvement and people who think silva will be given 2 seasons are living in dreamland.

he's managed the biggest club in Portugal and the biggest club in Greece.

They are far both far bigger clubs than Everton, btw.

That's not even demeaning Everton, it's just fact.

Reactions: Lob

Not sure what you mean 'switch to a defensive line'. What I would say is switch to a three man central midfield.
With Bernard being the ideal man for the moment until Gomes comes in allowing Bernard to move to 10 with a greater emphasis on possession over time.
Our defence wouldn't be so awful under a different coach. Our players are pretty decent in defence, the lunacy just needs to stop. If you want to see an awful defence watch Fulham next week. We will win next, just dont get tòo excited.
Sure, let's continue the conversation after we played some decent, in form teams and see how his 'building' stacks up.

As in sit deep, mate.

I'd agree with a switch to 4-3-3. Silva said he prefers that yet hasn't used it as of yet. Maybe he wants to wait for Gomes to get fit first, I don't know. Gylfi could play in a flat 3 for me, but I don't think he has the discipline to play in a two.

Mate, saying our players are decent in defence is laughable. As a team, for about four years, we simply haven't been able to defend. Everything is a panic, as a unit, all 11 of them. We are not a good defensive side whatsoever.

Our defence was the worst in the league last season under Koeman and it wasn't much better under Allardyce. What the hell are you on about?

Genuinely, what do you want? Do you want him sacked already?

Err don’t think Olympiacos are bigger

More trophies.

More European appearances.

More illustrious history.

By every factor that we like to say Everton are big, they outdo us.

Doesn't matter what league they're from, a bit like Celtic, they're a bigger club.

I'm not saying they're better (although they likely are), but they're a big club (in that second tier of size behind the real big boys, obviously).

A bit of better luck and a little bit less ‘Everton that’ and Silva could be sitting on a great start now. He can’t control if his players are going to headbutt someone, or miscontrol a simple ball then lunge in, or that the ref moves a free kick ten yards forward or that they givenoffside goals against us and rule out onside goals for us. He can’t control that Walcott and DCL can’t finish their dinner. The fact is that the overall style of play has undoubtedly improved. The problem is now boiling down to individual moments and errors in both boxes. It’s a far different position than last season when literally every single team was just walking through us and we were struggling to get a shot on target.

As is Everton every single thing that could have gone against him has. He’s had an injury crisis, rotten luck, poor refereeing, and a collection of World is goals against him. If he can keep the confidence up and avoid a compete rut we may come out a better side from this. The problem is he is dealing with some of the meantally weakest players in our history who are only ever one bad bounce of the ball away from throwing the towel in on a whole season. It’s not happened yet but you always feel it’s round the corner. If we can see off Fulham we might be ok. If ‘Everton that’ happens again then who knows what this group of players will do to him.

he's managed the biggest club in Portugal and the biggest club in Greece.

They are far both far bigger clubs than Everton, btw.

That's not even demeaning Everton, it's just fact.
Sporting Lisbon aren't the biggest club in Portugal. They're nowhere near Benfica and Porto.

Also, Olympiacos and Sporting Lisbon aren't both far bigger clubs than Everton, they're not even bigger clubs than Everton.

We'd beat them in a transfer battle for any player and can spend money they can only dream of having.

Are Malmo a far bigger club than Everton because they win things in an irrelevant league?

Sporting Lisbon aren't the biggest club in Portugal. They're nowhere near Benfica and Porto.

Also, Olympiacos and Sporting Lisbon aren't both far bigger clubs than Everton, they're not even bigger clubs than Everton.

We'd beat them in a transfer battle for any player and can spend money they can only dream of having.

Are Malmo a far bigger club than Everton because they win things in an irrelevant league?
win things ??

what is this you speak of??

we struggle to win a tackle at the moment

I was not in favour of appointing Silva. I thought it was too big a risk for a club like Everton to go with a manager that might prove to be wonderful or useless.

I must say that I have been impressed by the way he handles himself, by the way he sets his team up and tries to play football. I have been impressed by the quality of the signings which are shared between Brands and Silva and I expect Richarlison was mostly a Silva signing.

Results have not been what we wanted but we have already had our quota of players being sent off for the entire season , offside goals against us and injuries as well.
We cannot continue to change managers every few months, we need to give the manager and the team time to settle. The performances have been generally good even if the results are not.... West Ham apart.
I think it may be after Christmas before we see what the team is actually capable of and Silva can be better judged then.

Reactions: Lob

Them clubs are winners.

We used to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.