• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would not say it is OK but the kind of stick he got from the fans right from the start was not justified imo. His football was too negative (better now with MS) but he grinded out results, just as David Moyes (accused for negative football) did. Right?
His football was awful but his smug demeanor was what really did my head in. He thinks hes so much better than he is. I reckon he was on the wind up in the last few pressers of his time here.

His football was awful but his smug demeanor was what really did my head in. He thinks hes so much better than he is. I reckon he was on the wind up in the last few pressers of his time here.

So what should you say about David Moyes, Martinez and Koeman then?
Arrogant? Naive?

weird thing to say and I know it's a results business but I'd last season under fatty we struggled but picked up points ( at home to be fair not away ) but this season it's the other way round, were playing better and creating more but results aren't there yet

think when mina and coleman get fit, gomes starts pulling the strings, tosun finds his scoring boots we'll be sound, just waiting for things to fall into place which I think it will

It has been a underwhelming and frustrating start so far under Silva albeit with some mitigating circumstances, however there have been a lot of positives too that show that we are heading in the right direction. We are playing much better football than last season in just a very short amount of competitive games. There were times in the first half of the Arsenal game that we were the better team but obviously let down by some poor decision making and finishing.

Silva knows where are weaknesses are and where we need to improve and it is a given that he is working on it. The man obviously doesn't want to fail, he wants to succeed. We have got to be patient and get behind him and give him the time that he needs. We were absolute crud last season and were damaged even deeper by 1 shot in 10 games playing to try and not get beat but failing Allardyce. I wanted last season over in January as i couldn't stomach watching them any more.

As we stand, a couple of wins on the run in the next few games and our position in the table looks entirely different. No serious damage has been done yet. I will be worried if we continue not winning any games but i would be very surprised if that happens. We look too good for it. Hopefully a decent run will start against Fulham on Saturday. Shouldn't expect too much this first season though. It is going to take any decent manager a couple of seasons and a few transfer windows to sort the mess known as Everton out. I would obviously like to finish as high as possible but will be satisfied just being in the top 10 so long as clear progress and improvement can be seen.
because Silva is an underwhelming manager, he has never managed a big team of note, has never won anything of note and his last 2 jobs got a team relegated and fired.
people were so desperate to get rid of allardyce, they actually saw silva as a massive improvement and people who think silva will be given 2 seasons are living in dreamland.

First point in bold, we probably would have won using the tactics we used if Walcott and DCL had finished off gilt-edged chances. Or if Cech hadn't had a stormer.

You say that's the way to play around Everton (in the middle) yet Arsenal didn't do that on Sunday. They won because of some quality and some good fortune and some hap hazard defending/mistakes. Davies had a good game.

I agree we keep getting sucked in, but you say Silva should switch to a defensive line? Well what the hell is that about when our defence is awful? Would you trust our defence to sit deep and sustain loads of pressure?

Your last point. I don't care where you're from, you're equal an Evertonian as anybody else. But to say this bit in bold, after SIX league games, is beyond parody in itself.

Give it time. We've got a huge rebuilding job on. Arsenal didn't win because of a tactical masterclass. They won because we didn't put our chances away. Chances that were created because of the tactics that Silva employed.
Not sure what you mean 'switch to a defensive line'. What I would say is switch to a three man central midfield.
With Bernard being the ideal man for the moment until Gomes comes in allowing Bernard to move to 10 with a greater emphasis on possession over time.
Our defence wouldn't be so awful under a different coach. Our players are pretty decent in defence, the lunacy just needs to stop. If you want to see an awful defence watch Fulham next week. We will win next, just dont get tòo excited.
Sure, let's continue the conversation after we played some decent, in form teams and see how his 'building' stacks up.

Between him and Brands, he has the following problems to address in order to move forward :

A goal keeper who thinks he`s better than he is and needs a massive kick up the arse.

Defenders that switch off every game.

A piss poor crab like midfield.

Strikers who are second rate and can`t score.

Make of that what you will.

BS is pragmatic, take the air out of the ball and depends on big numbers theory.. You dont go into any match feeling like underdog or favourite. You stay up and you are forever in groundhog Day. From Now on will try to impose ourself on 12 teams in league, next season 13,year after that 15 and someday 19..

Easy my friends. It was a bit of seriously and a bit of a joke in this. But the truth is that we have to start picking up points. BS did a good job to avoid defeats to Liverpool for example (except FA-Cup) and steared us to the right direction in the league. No one can argue with that.

giphy.gif

No I will not get to bed. Excuses for not saying good job to BS, right? Sam did get us Tosun and Walcott for example. Not grateful for that?

I dont like Sam Allardcye either but y should blame Moshiri for hiring he to the hot seat at Goodison Park. Moshiri is responsible for that.
I am grateful for what he did for our club. DU did not have the best record as an interim-coach, dont forget that.

Sorry for writing much of Sam Allardyce mates.
Marco Silva will hopefully get this right, we cant change manager every year. NSNO.
Fairly sure I saw numbers going around showing that statistically Unsworth got more points per game than Fat man.

Between him and Brands, he has the following problems to address in order to move forward :

A goal keeper who thinks he`s better than he is and needs a massive kick up the arse.

Defenders that switch off every game.

A piss poor crab like midfield.

Strikers who are second rate and can`t score.

Make of that what you will.

so we should maybe just buy the juve or real madrid squad.

easy fix

Status
Not open for further replies.