• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any Everton manager has 3 years to deliver us the title or the Champions league trophy, or he’s a failure in my opinion and needs replacing.
I like Silva and the football he had us playing at the end of last season was the football I want to see us playing.
Let’s see how he gets on.

I hope he does well, I'm not gonna set him goals or positional finishes or I want him gone etc, I'm so tired of chopping and changing managers because it sets us back so much when we have to do this maybe it might be different with Brands in place but I just want to have a team and a manager that builds and builds and hopefully turn Everton into a force like Klopp has done with the RS, He hasn't done it in 2-3 seasons it's been a long effort which is what I want Everton to mirror.

I just want the fanbase to call a spade a spade this season as being honest quite a few were giving Silva way too much rope compared to what other managers were given (Koeman/Alladyce).

I was hammered for calling Silva out when we were atrocious, however the last 7-8 games of the season we improved and he deserved that 2nd season.

Providing the investment is given this summer to bring in a few players he can have no excuses for not qualifying for Europe / getting further in the cups.

With Utd in free fall, Chelsea appointing a novice, losing Hazard & having a transfer ban with Wolves also in the EL we should be having a good crack at the top 7.

If we again finish 8-11th and have the same issues defensively, late substitutions and poor in game management I expect many more to start righfully questioning the clubs progression.

Lets hope we push on next year as I feel the top sides outside of Man City and Liverpool are at their weakest in years.
So you were saying he didn't deserve a second season, but now agree that he did, and you're getting angry at the people who were consistent in their opinion which you now agree with, because they correctly told you you'd probably change your mind if you gave him time?

Not sure you really want me to call a spade a spade on that opinion mate.

So you were saying he didn't deserve a second season, but now agree that he did, and you're getting angry at the people who were consistent in their opinion which you now agree with, because they correctly told you you'd probably change your mind if you gave him time?

Not sure you really want me to call a spade a spade on that opinion mate.

No im saying he didnt deserve a 2nd season for 3/4 of the season - however I was hammered at the time for saying that.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves, Silva still has alot to prove - if the inconsistency is still there next season and we win Leicester 2-1 one week then lose 0-2 to Villa the next on a consistent basis then questions have to be asked if he's the right man to take us forward into BMD especially if we end up spending a good £100 million+ this summer.

We took the pee out of Liverpool for years under Woy, Rodgers and Dogleash for spending kings ransoms and finishing miles off their rivals its hypocritical for us to then be happily accepting of 8th/9th every season and no europe just because we dont want to keep changing manager.

Its not a question of backing the manager - Silva himself said Europe is the target next season - lets see if he's good enough to get us there.

whats his mandate for this season then ???

what constitutes a 'good' season for him?

im thinking Europa this time at the absolute minimum AND two better than last year cup runs

His mandate is to improve the team further. In amongst or very close to the top 6 will be a vast improvement but we have to take into consideration that all those top 6 have more money than us so along with better players we need his style to work as it did at the final 3rd/quarter of the season. Regardless it will be a tough battle.

Didnt know you were illiterate. Explains ALOT!

Not getting into an argument on the manager in pre season.

Silva himself has said the target next season is Europe, if we finish outside of 7th again he's in his own words failed in his objectives two seasons in a row - disagree with me all you want but those are the facts.

So an argument then?

I made my opinions on Silva clear last season mate and what my expectations are of what this club should be delivering based on recent expenditure / ambitions from the top.

Lets be honest Marco S has absolutely no excuses next season to not be cracking the top 7. The whole transition argument can not be again used next season or it all sounds a bit Brendan Rodgers.

By his own words anything but 7th is failure yet no doubt should that happen fans like myself will be getting slaughtered for questioning the clubs progression should we have another 8th-10th inconsistent season.

I hope he succeeds as I enjoy his style of attacking football but he has to prove he can learn from his mistakes and get some consistency in this side (both results and performances).

I made my opinions on Silva clear last season mate and what my expectations are of what this club should be delivering based on recent expenditure / ambitions from the top.

Lets be honest Marco S has absolutely no excuses next season to not be cracking the top 7. The whole transition argument can not be again used next season or it all sounds a bit Brendan Rodgers.

By his own words anything but 7th is failure yet no doubt should that happen fans like myself will be getting slaughtered for questioning the clubs progression should we have another 8th-10th inconsistent season.

I hope he succeeds as I enjoy his style of attacking football but he has to prove he can learn from his mistakes and get some consistency in this side (both results and performances).

Not getting into an argument on the manager in pre season.

Ok mate

Status
Not open for further replies.