• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We’ve finished 8th in the last two seasons that’s being pretty bad for the most part of both seasons, it won’t take much for us to progress a couple of places up the league, just a little bit of consistency which was shown towards the end of last season. We have a far better squad than we’ve had for long time. If we can get the striker we need then I see a promising season ahead of us.
Promise me you'll never lose that air of naive innocence

I just want the fanbase to call a spade a spade this season as being honest quite a few were giving Silva way too much rope compared to what other managers were given (Koeman/Alladyce).

I was hammered for calling Silva out when we were atrocious, however the last 7-8 games of the season we improved and he deserved that 2nd season.

Providing the investment is given this summer to bring in a few players he can have no excuses for not qualifying for Europe / getting further in the cups.

With Utd in free fall, Chelsea appointing a novice, losing Hazard & having a transfer ban with Wolves also in the EL we should be having a good crack at the top 7.

If we again finish 8-11th and have the same issues defensively, late substitutions and poor in game management I expect many more to start righfully questioning the clubs progression.

Lets hope we push on next year as I feel the top sides outside of Man City and Liverpool are at their weakest in years.

Stating the obvious I know. He and the Team have to kick on with a credible challenge to all concerned, bare minimum open up a serious gap between Us and last seasons aspiring teams Wolves, Watford, Leicester etc.and see how far the hoped for surge will take us past 6th and 5th.
Big window required.

Edit: total meltdowns not with standing; He's on an 18mth count down.
This, and serious go at one of the cups.*

*That's playing with, at the most, 4 first team changes in the League Cup, and/or at least a quarter final in the FA Cup for me.

I just want the fanbase to call a spade a spade this season as being honest quite a few were giving Silva way too much rope compared to what other managers were given (Koeman/Alladyce).

I was hammered for calling Silva out when we were atrocious, however the last 7-8 games of the season we improved and he deserved that 2nd season.

Providing the investment is given this summer to bring in a few players he can have no excuses for not qualifying for Europe / getting further in the cups.

With Utd in free fall, Chelsea appointing a novice, losing Hazard & having a transfer ban with Wolves also in the EL we should be having a good crack at the top 7.

If we again finish 8-11th and have the same issues defensively, late substitutions and poor in game management I expect many more to start righfully questioning the clubs progression.

Lets hope we push on next year as I feel the top sides outside of Man City and Liverpool are at their weakest in years.
Can you clarify problems defensively? Our defense was pretty good. Did you mean offensively? Wasn't our bigger issue actually scoring goals?

You just said yourself that you were wrong about wanting him fired. Why wouldnt you get hammered for sharing your overreactions then?
Not bein snarky, Im honsetly curious to know how you see it.

So basically we can only praise the manager when things are going well and not aloud to criticise or question their ability when things are going bad for months on end?

As thats basically what you've just said mate.

Consistency is also something I missed out my last post and something we need to massively improve on next season.

So basically we can only praise the manager when things are going well and not aloud to criticise or question their ability when things are going bad for months on end?

As thats basically what you've just said mate.

Consistency is also something I missed out my last post and something we need to massively improve on next season.

No one was praising him when we were struggling though. It was clear things weren’t good but you don’t have to stick the knife in so quickly.

Some of us where prepared to give the new man some time to implement his ideas and we were proven right for doing so as the season went on.

No one was praising him when we were struggling though. It was clear things weren’t good but you don’t have to stick the knife in so quickly.

Some of us where prepared to give the new man some time to implement his ideas and we were proven right for doing so as the season went on.

I wouldn't say proven right, we got fantastic results against the likes of Utd and Arsenal however plenty of other sides outside the top 6 were also beating these (including relegated cardiff last day at OT).

Basically for me next season we need to see consistency in our performances/results before we hail Silva as the right man. I honestly can't call him that at present as last season was such a mix bag from awful to good.

Status
Not open for further replies.