• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stating the obvious I know. He and the Team have to kick on with a credible challenge to all concerned, bare minimum open up a serious gap between Us and last seasons aspiring teams Wolves, Watford, Leicester etc.and see how far the hoped for surge will take us past 6th and 5th.
Big window required.
Big opportunity to really close the gap this season, only Liverpool and City I think are guaranteed CL places, Spurs I think will lose one or two key players, Arsenal I see them being exactly the same as previous seasons, one week really good and the next week really poor! Man Utd imo are in a mess and will do well just to get Europa league place, Chelsea could be anything depending on who they appoint!
This could and should be our best season for a long time...

Big opportunity to really close the gap this season, only Liverpool and City I think are guaranteed CL places, Spurs I think will lose one or two key players, Arsenal I see them being exactly the same as previous seasons, one week really good and the next week really poor! Man Utd imo are in a mess and will do well just to get Europa league place, Chelsea could be anything depending on who they appoint!
This could and should be our best season for a long time...
Its the hope that kills you

well the overwhelming majority see his first season as very average ...

so will interesting to see if he can actually kick on or not

I am actually surprised that people expected more. New manager new ideas new system new players usually equals hit and miss. That was exactly what we got. Look a little deeper and his style of play is what will either take us forward or backwards. I liked his style of play as it is a progressive style and once the players got into his ideas then you could see we have a style to challenge. No sitting back hoping for a draw but looking to win all games. Takes time and thankfully he was given it. I am looking forward to next season because I have faith in him and short term I am not looking at points as such but how we play as a team. It is positive and we will not be scared of any team.

I am actually surprised that people expected more. New manager new ideas new system new players usually equals hit and miss. That was exactly what we got. Look a little deeper and his style of play is what will either take us forward or backwards. I liked his style of play as it is a progressive style and once the players got into his ideas then you could see we have a style to challenge. No sitting back hoping for a draw but looking to win all games. Takes time and thankfully he was given it. I am looking forward to next season because I have faith in him and short term I am not looking at points as such but how we play as a team. It is positive and we will not be scared of any team.

whats his mandate for this season then ???

what constitutes a 'good' season for him?

im thinking Europa this time at the absolute minimum AND two better than last year cup runs

I gave him a C, not because I expected more and thought Silva should have done a lot better, but a C for what it was, an average season.

whats his mandate for this season then ???

what constitutes a 'good' season for him?

im thinking Europa this time at the absolute minimum AND two better than last year cup runs

Top 5 minimum or a trophy for me and I expect he’ll achieve 1 of them.

Reactions: JLW
If you don’t have hope you have nothing!
Surely the last quarter of the season you was encouraged by the results and style of football.
Encouraged yes - but I'll take this coming new season (seen way too many bite the dust early doors) one game at a time for now then try and gauge which way the general trend is heading.
Then I'll either fume or get really carried away...as per usual on here.

Encouraged yes - but I'll take this coming new season (seen way too many bite the dust early doors) one game at a time for now then try and gauge which way the general trend is heading.
Then I'll either fume or get really carried away...as per usual on here.
We’ve finished 8th in the last two seasons that’s being pretty bad for the most part of both seasons, it won’t take much for us to progress a couple of places up the league, just a little bit of consistency which was shown towards the end of last season. We have a far better squad than we’ve had for long time. If we can get the striker we need then I see a promising season ahead of us.

Hopefully progress which would mean European qualification. For me he has to achieve one of the below to add to European qualification.

Derby win
Away win at top 6
Over 6 away wins
Winning streak of over 3 games
Progression past a top 6 side in a cup (if drawn)

Sadly we won’t achieve anything this season if we can’t do one of the above things. We will end up 8th, no derby wins, no big away wins, no cup runs. It will be same old same old. Silva needs to break these ruts.

Status
Not open for further replies.