• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes we beat them once....Are people forgetting they beat us (apart from Chelsea) this season too? We're still not close to top 6 material.

Yeah, I know where you're coming from but you may be selling us a little bit short.
Brands has said we already have our targets for the summer sorted, which is something new in itself, and if we have as good recruitment as we had last summer we should start next season with a decent first 11.

Loathe to say this more i am more interested in how this team plays at palace at the weekend. Fantastic result v united but they were awful. And although im disgusted at all the media ignoring the fact the team that wiped the floor with them hardly get a mentoin i can see why a bit.
As for silva. I make no bones about it i wanted him out and stated why i wanted him out. Up until about 6 or 7 weeks ago every corner. Every set piece and more or less ever cross into our box we looked like we were going to let a goal in. He had brought the same stats he had at watford and hull to Everton. And i saw him as to stubborn or to clueless to change it and he was only heading one way. Out the door. He has changed something as we're nowhere near as bad now. Fulham was going back to that but can chalk that off as every team has bad day.
Def not the silva for most part of the season though so hands up and fair play.
Want to see something at palace though. As i think thats a test to see how much progress.

Koeman's team hammered Man City and the old "Fortress Goodison" quotes started to re-emerge.And even though we drew there.it was a false dawn.I'm sure I'll get accused of having an agenda or the old glass half full quote,but until we start getting regular results at top six grounds there is no real sustained improvement.The team that played Sunday and the performance at Fulham show there are still problems.
Yes, his team also beat Arsenal at home that season and we finished the season on 61 points walking to a 7th place finish which is going to be more than this season even if we win the last 3 games. some people overeact, some people knee jerk, some people have agendas but the facts will always remain the facts.

Loathe to say this more i am more interested in how this team plays at palace at the weekend. Fantastic result v united but they were awful. And although im disgusted at all the media ignoring the fact the team that wiped the floor with them hardly get a mentoin i can see why a bit.
As for silva. I make no bones about it i wanted him out and stated why i wanted him out. Up until about 6 or 7 weeks ago every corner. Every set piece and more or less ever cross into our box we looked like we were going to let a goal in. He had brought the same stats he had at watford and hull to Everton. And i saw him as to stubborn or to clueless to change it and he was only heading one way. Out the door. He has changed something as we're nowhere near as bad now. Fulham was going back to that but can chalk that off as every team has bad day.
Def not the silva for most part of the season though so hands up and fair play.
Want to see something at palace though. As i think thats a test to see how much progress.
He had more time to work with the team during break and he found his best team and was able to keep playing them with only one game a week, instead of having to rely on our squad which too thin. But I agree away to the so called lesser teams is where we seem to slip up. Consistency has always been our issue. I think it's partly a mentality /attitude thing.

Last edited:
He had more time to work with the team during break and he found his best team. But I agree away to the ao called lesser teams is where we seem to slip up. Consistency has always been our issue. I think it's partly a mentality /attitude thing.

100%. Palace will get in our face more than united and arsenal did. Its a roll your sleeves up game. Lets see if we are up for that.

I don't think our squad is that deep too which probably played into our downturn. When he had to start rotating or flogging players like Gomes for two games a week we started getting poorer results. It shows we need more quality.

Your argument rests on the basis that this is a very good squad, when clearly we have almost a very good first team - when all are available and there to be called on. Add to that we are minus a striker who can score regularly - a deficiency Silva has had to manage with all season. In short: it's not a squad that we should expect to break into the top 6 with...which is the only place we can go at the moment.

Then there's the question of what the DoF handed Silva to do this season after the last two failed managers had shorn us of any sort of method or style of play. We now have that methodology in place. We have our identity back as a team and the players are buying into that, as per Coleman's interview post United game.

• Starting XI age down
  • Good style of football in place, but pragmatic when need be
  • Ability to beat top 6 clubs confirmed
  • On course for a reasonable 50 odd point tally
  • Plan to add a striker and to address other key positions for next season in place
I just dont see how much more Silva could be expected reasonably to do. It feels like you've painted yourself into a corner on this. I know that feeling well enough.

Clearly - I hope you're right mate, I hope I'm wrong.

I don't think that will have ever happened before, but what's that saying about a broken clock?... ;)

(I'd give you the lack of striker argument but Silva said repeatedly he didn't need one).

Silva won't win a trophy at Everton or finish 6th or higher.
Silva won't last another 18 months at Everton.

There's a new bookmark feature on GOT, feel free to use it. :)

Apart from that..... you are completely wrong as you often are when it comes to being very selective in your support for Silva.

Our form from 2nd December to mid March was absolutely shocking and lasted 17 games (i was a huge 1 game too high in my post. Somebody shoot me :eek: )

Here it is to refresh you:

17 games from and including 2nd December 2018 till the 17th March 2019 when this recent better run began against Chelsea.

Wins = 4
Lose = 10
Draw = 3

That is 15 points out of a possible 51 which is relegation form. Very poor and lengthy slump and if 19 games is half a season, then 17 is not far off half a season like i said.
I'm "selective" but it's you who's isolating a group of fixtures that suits your argument.

We've had 35 games this season, maybe you can just take them in one go and analyse them instead?

I'm "selective" but it's you who's isolating a group of fixtures that suits your argument.

We've had 35 games this season, maybe you can just take them in one go and analyse them instead?

There is no isolation or selectiveness. What i posted was almost half a seasons games i.e 17 'consecutive' premier league games from the start of the slump (I am assuming you know what a slump is) which was the 2nd December onwards and we got 15 points out of a possible 51 which is absolutely disgraceful no matter how much you try and play it down.

It cannot and should not be ignored just because we have had 3 good performances in the last 4 games since.

Feel free to ignore it though and i am certain you will.

There is no isolation or selectiveness. What i posted was almost half a seasons games i.e 17 'consecutive' premier league games from the start of the slump (I am assuming you know what a slump is) which was the 2nd December onwards and we got 15 points out of a possible 51 which is absolutely disgraceful no matter how much you try and play it down.

It cannot and should not be ignored just because we have had 3 good performances in the last 4 games since.

Feel free to ignore it though and i am certain you will.
How can you call the 2nd December derby as part of a slump when we did so well in it? How can you call the following two games against Newcastle and Watford when we got draws and should have won both part of a slump? How can you say that the 3-0 away win against Cardiff on 26th Feb and the 0-0 draw with Liverpool on 3rd March were part of a slump? No one sensible starts and ends the slump period at 2nd December and declares it over on 17th March.

You're making no sense.

How can you call the 2nd December derby as part of a slump when we did so well in it? How can you call the following two games against Newcastle and Watford when we got draws and should have won both part of a slump? How can you say that the 3-0 away win against Cardiff on 26th Feb and the 0-0 draw with Liverpool on 3rd March were part of a slump? No one sensible starts and ends the slump period at 2nd December and declares it over on 17th March.

You're making no sense.

I think we smashed Burnley badly somewhere in there too. 5-1 wasn’t it.

You're making no sense.
Home draws against Watford, Newcastle, Huddersfield. As well as losses to West Ham, Leicester and Wolves are totally unacceptable and can be considered as a slump gaining 3 points out of a possible 18.
Alternatively 10 points out of a possible 12 against the RS, Chelsea, Arsenal and United is an excellent return and makes the results against this other teams all the more galling.

Status
Not open for further replies.