• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The prem won’t want to make a rod for their own back and given the abundance of prior examples there’d probably be a good legal case that Everton could pursue if it ever came to a points deduction. I’d imagine a fine to make it go away from an Everton perspective and shut Watford up allowing it to look like the prem has done something.

Moshiri pursued him beyond all reason. 5/6 weeks worth of knock backs. It was a war of attrition that the club lost in the short term and it's handed it a massive headache that carries on to this day. It was a textbook example of how not to tap a manager up. It was clumsy and ham fisted and arrogant. If it had happened to Everton and, say, Arsenal or United or Chelsea had pursued our manager we'd have had no difficulty in seeing this for what it is. It's just tribalism that avoids coming to the right conlcusion: Moshiri was wrong, he's put the club in an invidious position, and now we fully deserve to have the book thrown at us.

You love it Dave, don't you? anything the club, owner, manager, coaches, stadium to bring the club down. Tell you what go across the park and support them.

The prem won’t want to make a rod for their own back and given the abundance of prior examples there’d probably be a good legal case that Everton could pursue if it ever came to a points deduction. I’d imagine a fine to make it go away from an Everton perspective and shut Watford up allowing it to look like the prem has done something.
Agree on this, be opening up a can of worms, I think what they want to do is stop tapping up but how can you, it happens to us, Moyes must of been tapped up

My embarrassment if there is any is due to believing a bunch of utter wallopers like King, Joyce etc who were - it transpires - feeding us a load of nonsense about ever increasing compo packages. Who couldn't take a dim view of Watford under those circumstances.

You live and learn, I suppose.
Haha, no, "you" dont live and learn. Most people do....You dont.

Lets be honest, the real reason we are even having this discussion is because the league were all ready to drop it over being nothing, but you went and contacted them every 5 minutes, demanded they launch a full inquiry, and whined so much they eventually gave in out of sheer annoyance, much to your delight.

Or....

They ensured they delivered plan A.

I said repeatedly from the moment Allardyce come in, that if Silva didn't come in at the end of the season (break clause), then it would be worrying given the level we went to bring him in.

At least Silva shows long term thinking - if they become discouraged with how the wheels fell off at Watford then I'd have agreed.
I dont disagree that Silva had to be brought in eventually given the extensive time period he invested to secure him. He'd have looked ridiculous if he was available and didn't get him. However, his tactic seems to be "I'll get whoever I want eventually". And look at how that inflexibility worked out: he tied himself to Koeman, and not only that, give him carte blanche to do what he wanted; and now the club are in deep water over tapping up Silva.

I wouldn't mistake that inflexibility for strength. Strength would be recognising that a situation is undoable, and if it's dragging on recognising that it may not be the best idea. What links the Koeman and Silva appointments together is that he didn't do his homework on either.

Can you really see that being the case?

We did offer money for him mate. We were prepared to pay. They subsequently sacked him, so that’s the end of it. This is sour grapes from them.

How come you take the side of Watford here?
I dont take Watford's side. I'm looking at this from the perspective of stupid and overbearing versus wise and adaptable. We have an owner who is stupid and overbearing.

In fairness to Dave here, if (and I appreciate it's an if) this is true, then he's absolutely right. It's not acceptable and it's not how I want us to go about things. I wouldn't like it if someone did it to us, so I don't want us to do it to others. I won't lose any sleep over it like, but it should be called out as bad behaviour, and if it ends in a points deduction then it's also incredibly stupid. Hopefully the investigation will show that we haven't overstepped the line - such as it is - and that'll be the end of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.