• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking on the Sports Breakfast, he said: “Everybody walks around talking about Sam Allardyce’s style is not good enough, he doesn’t play the right way and so on and so forth and it is a massive problem for me. People believe it. You believe the false lies, the false implications. Football does that – it believes that lie sometimes.

“It is built up by fellow managers, journos who follow on with it and you are never going to get rid of it. The type of football I played at Everton, the fans said it wasn’t good enough and I would say the same – I knew it wasn’t good enough for Everton – but I knew I had to get them in the position where they were safe.

Audio at the bottom of the link.......

Everyone says I play crap football, and I did play crap football.
- Sam Allardyce.

Speaking on the Sports Breakfast, he said: “Everybody walks around talking about Sam Allardyce’s style is not good enough, he doesn’t play the right way and so on and so forth and it is a massive problem for me. People believe it. You believe the false lies, the false implications. Football does that – it believes that lie sometimes.

“It is built up by fellow managers, journos who follow on with it and you are never going to get rid of it. The type of football I played at Everton, the fans said it wasn’t good enough and I would say the same – I knew it wasn’t good enough for Everton – but I knew I had to get them in the position where they were safe.

Audio at the bottom of the link.......

Despite being millions of pounds richer c/o of Everton FC, he still can`t let it go can he.

Plus he had us in a position where we were safe and still persisted with his up and under footy.

His continual whining is getting tedious.

Despite being millions of pounds richer c/o of Everton FC, he still can`t let it go can he.

Plus he had us in a position where we were safe and still persisted with his up and under footy.

His continual whining is getting tedious.
You wouldn't have got that squad playing free flowing attacking football either way mush

if i was sam allardyce i would be doing the same thing

how do you shut up your predecessors? you win games, you play good football and you get points on the board.

we are doing none of that

the football might look a bit prettier under silva but we are performing worse than we did under allardyce

at least with allardyce you knew we would not turn up against the top 6 sides but we would at least beat huddersfield and west ham at home

under silva we expect to lose to cardiff away

how do you shut up your predecessors? you win games, you play good football and you get points on the board.

the football might look a bit prettier under silva but we are performing worse than we did under allardyce

at least with allardyce you knew we would not turn up against the top 6 sides but we would at least beat huddersfield and west ham at home

Spud , one of your better efforts

Losing 10 of the last 16 is more than 'a few', tbf.
Fair enough, but we can’t keep sacking managers and expect to make any progress. We have a team bloated with players no where near good enough for the top 6, yet a certain contingency of fans seems to expect it.

If we give him time, how are we any worse off than we have been for the past few seasons? And who in the hell is going to come in and instantly lift us into the upper echelon as a lot of people seem to think should happen after about 6 months of work.

A lot of fans need to face the fact that Everton are no longer a big club and it’s going to take time and money, not just money, to get us back there.

Fair enough, but we can’t keep sacking managers and expect to make any progress. We have a team bloated with players no where near good enough for the top 6, yet a certain contingency of fans seems to expect it.

If we give him time, how are we any worse off than we have been for the past few seasons? And who in the hell is going to come in and instantly lift us into the upper echelon as a lot of people seem to think should happen after about 6 months of work.

A lot of fans need to face the fact that Everton are no longer a big club and it’s going to take time and money, not just money, to get us back there.

Why do fans like you always jump to the conclusion that fans disgruntled with Silva expect us to be in the top six? Or even compete for top six?

That simply wasn’t the case and isn’t the case. Look back and fans expectations at the start of this season were, generally, 7th and a good cup run. If we could push 6th hard then fantastic, but anything else was generally a bonus.

All fans wanted out of this year was something to cling to. A picture painted. An identity. A style of play. I’ve said many times that, as Everton fans, we don’t need much of an excuse to get excited. Even bearing that in mind, we’ve had buggar all to get excited about.

I’m still so annoyed that we didn’t even play a 1st choice team against Southampton, let alone that embarrassment against Millwall. Those cup games should be our biggest games of the season.

Aside from all that, we’ve played the most dour style of Football i’ve seen. I don’t believe the manager instills any confidence in either the fans or the players, which is a huge problem. We’ve played a game more than most and, after the next round of games, we could be 12th and 5 points off relegation.

Let that sink in. I’m all for giving people time but, you want him to stay, mate?

Great post mush

Very muddled thinking.

Last season Alladyce got the best out of a rag bag shambles. He realised that the best way to get results was to pack a pretty hopeless defence/defensive midfield.He nullified attacks that were better than us and used set plays and counter attacking football to get decent results.
That is what a good manager does.
Do you honestly think that if Alladyce was manager of Real Madrid/Man U and given money he wouldnt play expansive attacking football?

Now Silva takes over a dire defensive unit and only improves it with an a good attacking left back who is now showing alarming defensive frailties.
He inherited a poor midfield and thinks the best way to defend his hapless defence is to attack and try to play expansive football despite us not having a centre forward worthy of the name.
That my friend is hopeless management. He has only 1 plan and cannot adapt to the qualities of the players around him. He is incredibly inept at setting up defensively and we do not create many chances.

One is a manger of proven ability in several leagues and can adapt to the standard of players around him and the opposition.

The other has a sexy sounding name but is fundamentally flawed in just about every aspect of management at this level.

That's a lotta words, but it doesn't change the fact that one task is easier than the other and should be judged as such.

The last clown who should never have even been considered for this job, had the benefit of a lot of silly people panicking about a relegation that was never happening and all he had to do was park the bus and very little else to "achieve" that.

The new boss will most likely be out on his arse at some point this year barring an amazing turnaround as he ain't doing so good, but the task handed to him is definitely more difficult than the above scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.