• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t agree. BFS took over on 30 Nov and managed to get 8th with a worse squad. We replaced the like in Williams, Martina, Rooney, Funes Mori and Robles etc with Gomes, Digne, Zouma, Mina, Bernard and Richarlison. If we do our job at home against the dross we would have sitting comfortably at 7th. This will never turn out good if we lose to West Ham, Leicester and Wolves at Goodison. Oh and if we can actually defend properly and have a manager can make the squad to do so.

We finished 8th about 10 points behind Burnley in 7th and about 3 points ahead of 12th, how have you come to the conclusion we should now be “comfortably” 7th? This season should have been a reality check for people, that our players are not very good. We have a team full of bottom half/mid-table players, loads of them signed from relegation-battling clubs, regardless of whether they’ve played a couple of games at international level or not.

You keep mentioning “the dross”. WE ARE the dross.

We finished 8th about 10 points behind Burnley in 7th and about 3 points ahead of 12th, how have you come to the conclusion we should now be “comfortably” 7th? This season should have been a reality check for people, that our players are not very good. We have a team full of bottom half/mid-table players, loads of them signed from relegation-battling clubs, regardless of whether they’ve played a couple of games at international level or not.

Is that matter they are now back to where they are.

This is the problem of the manager who can’t get the team to beat the bottom 13 at home and even lost to them and the worst of most is the inability to setup a defence. You just can’t blame all on players if not the past managers should not been sacked. Perhaps you should keep Martinez then it’s all the players’ faults?

A good manager is employed to get the most from he squad and get results. That’s what Moyes had done in the past.

Spot on.
I think our first 11 is pretty decent. The issue is, when one of them doesn't play well we have absolutely NOTHING to bring on or effect change.
Nothing.
And worst of all, the players on the bench or not even in the squad are taking home an absolute WEDGE.

Is that matter they are now back to where they are.

This is the problem of the manager who can’t get the team to beat the bottom 13 at home and even lost to them and the worst of most is the inability to setup a defence. You just can’t blame all on players if not the past managers should not been sacked. Perhaps you should keep Martinez then it’s all the players’ faults?

A good manager is employed to get the most from he squad and get results. That’s why Moyes had done in the past.

I’m not defending the manager. I’m taking issue with people’s bad delusions of grandeur about our players’ ability.

I’m not defending the manager. I’m taking issue with people’s bad delusions of grandeur about our players’ ability.

Then how on earth Dyche got 7th with that Burnley squad and BFS took 8th after the mess left over by Koeman and Walsh?

I do think a good manager will make the best out of the squad and it seems our current manager is not doing this.

Last edited:

Then how on earth Dyche got 7th with that Burnley squad and BFS took 8th after the mess left over by Koeman and Walsh?

I do think a good manager will make the best out of the squad and it seems out current manager is not doing this.

Dyche has had 5 years to create a team that is greater than the sum of its parts.

And Allardyce won 9 games, 2 of which were against sides who had a sending off.

Silva has 9 wins currently.

Dyche has had 5 years to create a team that is greater than the sum of its parts.

And Allardyce won 9 games, 2 of which were against sides who had a sending off.

Silva has 9 wins currently.

Allardyce started from 30 November so he won like 9 in 24 with a worse squad than now.

Silva I don’t see any reason to keep him at this point. It really depends on the remaining games and the final position.

Status
Not open for further replies.